February 13, 2020
Categories: Desserts, Snacks, Dairy, Eggs, Baby Shower, Brunch, Entertaining, Picnic, Potluck, Oven Bake, Heart Healthy, High Fiber, Vegetarian, Flour, Yogurt more
"From our weekday newspaper The West Australian and their healthy lunch box feature. Times are estimated. NOTE - full name of the recipe is Choose-Your-Own-Adventure Muffins."
- Serving Size: 1 (58.4 g)
- Calories 131.4
- Total Fat - 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat - 1.1 g
- Cholesterol - 84.2 mg
- Sodium - 228.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber - 1.6 g
- Sugars - 4.5 g
- Protein - 7.8 g
- Calcium - 17.5 mg
- Iron - 1 mg
- Vitamin C - 0 mg
- Thiamin - 0.2 mg
Step by Step Method
Preheat oven to 200C and lightly grease a 12 hole muffin tray with oil spray.
Mix flour and sugar together in a large bowl in a separate bowl, mix the yoghurt, oil, egg and your choice of mix-in and then add this wet mixture to the flour and sugar mixture and stir until just combined and be careful not to over mix.
Spoon into muffin tray and bake for 20-25 minutes, or un til lightly golden and a skewer inserted to the middle comes out clean.
Tips & Variations
- For the adventure part of the recipe choose from any of the following MIX-INS -
- Banana-Rama - 2 mashed bananas + 1/4 cup rolled oats
- Coco Jambo - 1 small can crushed pineapple (well drained) + 2-3 tablespoon dessicated coconut
- Halloween - 1/4 cup grated pumpkin + 1 tablespoon allspice
- Apple Ever After - 1 grated apple (skin on) + 1 teaspoon cinnamon + 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Berry-licious - 1 cup fresh or frozen berries
- Tutti-Fruity - 3 tablespoons chopped dried fruit
- TIP - this mixture will make 24 mini muffins and smaller muffins will cook more quickly so check them after 15 minutes.