Created by: ForeverMama
Created on January 6, 2015
Categories: Fresh Tomatoes, Dinner, Main Dish, Pork, Poultry, Chicken, Pasta, Linguine, Mediterranean, Quick Meals, Potluck, Summer, Weeknight Meals, Grilling (Outdoor), Stove Top, Make it from scratch, Boneless Pieces (more)
Blue Ribbon Chicken Pasta With Prosciutto
"Ive made this so often and not only have I made it for family meals, but I've also brought it to various potlucks. It's always well received."
|Add to Recipebook||Add Your Photo|
|Add to Menu||Add Private Note|
|Add to Shopping List||Add to Planner|
|Rate / Review Recipe (1)||Send to Email|
|Save recipe / favorites||Print This Recipe|
Prep Time: 60mPT60M
Cook Time: 20mPT20M
Holy Smokes ForeverMama!! This is fantastic.I reduce it to two portions (me and me, later) and used home made pasta and cherry tomatoes, since I have an abundance in the garden right now. Bursting with flavor! And it looks so pretty..
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon steak seasoning (McCormicks Montreal brand preferred)
- Hot pepper sauce, to taste (of ground hot pepper, hot pepper sauce such as Pastene brand or sciracha)
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast (cut into strips, 4 chicken breasts)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 1 3/4 pounds tomatoes, chopped (seeded, 5 tomatoes)
- 4 ounces prosciutto ham (cut into small pieces)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, sliced into small strips
- 3/4 to 1 pound dry linguine pasta
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (fresh, or Romano cheese)
- 5 chile peppers (roasted pasilla chiles, peeled, seeded and cut into strips or Italian banana peppers)
- 1 to 1 1/4 pounds red bell pepper (3 to 4 red bell peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded cut into strips)
- Fresh basil, chopped for garnish
What You Will Need
No special items needed.
Season Chicken strips with the Montreal Seasoning mix and ground hot pepper. Let chicken meld flavor by letting it marinade for 30 min – 1 hour.
Heat a cast iron griddle grate pan (or use outdoor grill). Grease with Pam or with oil. Once pan is hot, place chicken strips in hot pan. Turn chicken strips over to cook evenly. Once chicken strips are just cooked with a little pink in the middle (do not overcook as the chicken will be tough because it's going to cook for a second time), remove from pan onto plate to rest a bit.
Once chicken has rested for at least 10 min., slice into bite size pieces diagonally; set aside.
Heat oil in a large skillet and sauté garlic until soft and golden, being careful not to burn as it will impart a bitter taste. Add tomatoes, proscuitto, chicken and butter; sauté for about 5 to 10 minutes. Add basil, and sauté for another 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a stockpot, bring salted water to boil and cook linguine until al dente.
Drain pasta and transfer to a bowl, add the chicken/tomato mixture, chilies, roasted peppers, and grated cheese; toss gently to combine. Sprinkle with basil and serve.
TO ROAST PEPPERS, place in a greased cookie sheet into a 500 degree oven to char. Once the skin of the peppers is charred and pulling away from the meat of the peppers, remove each pepper from oven with tongs and place immediately in a paper bag or bowl, sealing bag tightly in order for peppers to sweat (if using bowl, cover tightly with plastic wrap).
Let peppers sit in sealed bag or bowl for a while (10 – 15 min). Once the skin has wilted away from meat of peppers, remove peppers from bag and peal skin off gently, discarding the skin and slicing the peppers into desirable sized strips.
- Serving Size: 1 (423.8 g)
- Calories 533.2
- Total Fat - 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat - 5.3 g
- Cholesterol - 115.5 mg
- Sodium - 354 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 47.6 g
- Dietary Fiber - 8.8 g
- Sugars - 8.2 g
- Protein - 45.4 g
- Calcium - 114.9 mg
- Iron - 2.7 mg
- Vitamin C - 182.6 mg
- Thiamin - 0.4 mg