Overnight Dutch Yeast Waffles
September 02, 2019
"These are amazing i had something similar kathy's recipe on world tour Ina Garner makes one like this shes my moms favorite chef i added yogurt to mine"
- Serving Size: 1 (229.5 g)
- Calories 398.9
- Total Fat - 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat - 11.5 g
- Cholesterol - 376.9 mg
- Sodium - 533.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 30.3 g
- Dietary Fiber - 3.2 g
- Sugars - 8.3 g
- Protein - 18.7 g
- Calcium - 148 mg
- Iron - 2.7 mg
- Vitamin C - 0 mg
- Thiamin - 0.2 mg
Step by Step Method
Mix the water yeast and honey
Add milk , yogurt flour ,salt, vanilla
Cover with cling wrap
Let set on counter overnigt
It will rise alot have big bowl
Next morning mix in eggs and baking soda that you have mixed together
Have the waffle iron hot and butter or oil it after every use
The dough is spongy and you have to kinda cut and smooth the dough over the waffle iron ,dont go crazy use only about 1/3 of a cup cause it takes them awhile to cook ,i think these waffles taste better with a topping like cherry pie filling i liked them cooked browner but rudy liked them lighter
No special items needed.
The ingredient tips, suggestions, variations, facts, questions and answers below are not edits to the original author's recipe. They are not meant to imply any change would improve the recipe. They're offered for convenience, alternative ideas, and points of interest. If you have any comments about them, please post in the Help & Ideas forum.
- When choosing the milk for this recipe, be sure to check that it is between 90-100 degrees F.
- When selecting the Greek yogurt, be sure to use plain yogurt for the best results.
- Substitute almond milk for whole milk - Almond milk is a dairy-free alternative to whole milk, making this recipe suitable for those with dairy allergies or intolerances. It also adds a subtle nutty flavor that complements the other ingredients.
- Substitute coconut oil for butter - Coconut oil is a vegan alternative to butter, making this recipe suitable for vegans. It has a naturally sweet flavor that adds an interesting depth of flavor to the waffles.
Chocolate Chip Waffles Add 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips to the dough before spooning into the waffle iron and cook as normal.
Blueberry Compote: This sweet and tart compote is the perfect accompaniment to the Overnight Dutch Yeast Waffles. The combination of the sweet waffles and the tart compote will create a delicious balance of flavors that will leave your taste buds wanting more.
Pancetta and Apple Hash: This savory dish is a great accompaniment to the Overnight Dutch Yeast Waffles. The salty pancetta pairs perfectly with the sweet compote, creating an unforgettable combination of flavors. The apples add a crisp texture that complements the soft waffles, making this a delicious and unique breakfast dish.
Q: What temperature should the water and milk be?
A: The water should be between 110-155 degrees f and the milk should be between 90-100 degrees f.
Q: How long should I steep the tea?
A: Steep the tea for 3-5 minutes for black tea, 2-4 minutes for green tea, and 1-3 minutes for white tea.
You'll Also Love
FUN FACT 1: Ina Garten, the famous celebrity chef and host of the Food Network show "Barefoot Contessa", has a recipe for Dutch Yeast Waffles that is similar to this one!
FUN FACT 2: Dutch Yeast Waffles have been around since the 18th century. They are a traditional Dutch breakfast food and are popular all over Europe!