Chi Chi's Pico De Gallo Copycat
April 25, 2022
Categories: Salads, Vegetable Salad, Mexican, Southwest, Copycat or Clone Recipes Fresh Tomatoes, Spicy, more
- Serving Size: 1 (187.2 g)
- Calories 34
- Total Fat - 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat - 0 g
- Cholesterol - 0 mg
- Sodium - 37728.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber - 2 g
- Sugars - 3.9 g
- Protein - 0.9 g
- Calcium - 39.3 mg
- Iron - 0.7 mg
- Vitamin C - 23 mg
- Thiamin - 0 mg
Step by Step Method
Mix all together
No special items needed.
The ingredient tips, suggestions, variations, facts, questions and answers below are not edits to the original author's recipe. They are not meant to imply any change would improve the recipe. They're offered for convenience, alternative ideas, and points of interest. If you have any comments about them, please post in the Help & Ideas forum.
- When selecting a serrano chili, choose one that is firm and bright green in color.
- Be sure to use fresh cilantro in this recipe for the best flavor.
- Substitute jalapeno for serrano chili for a milder flavor. This is a great substitution for those who don't enjoy the spiciness of the serrano chili, but still want to enjoy the flavor of the Pico De Gallo.
- Substitute lemon juice for lime juice for a subtle citrus flavor. This substitution is ideal for those who want to add a bit of tartness to the Pico De Gallo without overpowering the other flavors.
Vegan Pico De Gallo Replace the Serrano chili with jalapenos, and the lime juice with lemon juice.
Mexican Rice: Mexican Rice is the perfect accompaniment to Chi Chi's Pico De Gallo. It has a mild flavor and is cooked with tomato sauce, garlic, and onion. The flavors of the Mexican Rice pair well with the spiciness of the Pico De Gallo and make for a delicious meal.
Black Beans: Black Beans are a delicious and nutritious side dish that pairs perfectly with Mexican Rice. They are high in fiber, protein, and essential vitamins and minerals, making them a great addition to any meal. The mild flavor of the beans complements the flavors of the Mexican Rice and Pico De Gallo, making for a delicious and balanced meal.
Q: How long should I chill the pico de gallo?
A: Chill the pico de gallo in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving. This will allow the flavors to blend together.
Q: How do I make homemade pico de gallo?
A: To make homemade pico de gallo, dice up tomatoes, onions, jalapeños, and cilantro. Mix all the ingredients together and season with salt, pepper, and lime juice. Enjoy!
You'll Also Love
The serrano chili used in this recipe is a popular chili used in Mexican cuisine. It is named after the mountain range of the same name located in the Mexican state of Puebla.
The banana pepper used in this recipe is also known as the 'Yellow Wax Pepper'. It is a popular pepper used in many dishes, including the famous 'Chi Chi's Pico De Gallo' recipe.