Created by: ImPat
Created on March 17, 2017
Pork Cutlets With Apple & Plum Sauce
"From Coles monthly magazine Oct.'16"
|Add to Recipebook||Add Your Photo|
|Add to Menu||Add Private Note|
|Add to Shopping List||Add to Planner|
|Rate / Review Recipe (0)||Send to Email|
|Save recipe / favorites||Print This Recipe|
Prep Time: 10mPT10M
Cook Time: 20mPT20M
- 2 corn cobs (husks and silks removed)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (900 grams) pork loin chops (pork cutlets, 225 grams each)
- 2 apples (small Red Delicious apples, thinly sliced crossways)
- 1 chili pepper (long red chilli thinly slice)
- Fresh gingerroot (5cm piece, cut into matchsticks)
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 125 ml plum sauce (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 packet (200 gram) Brussel sprouts (baby Brussel sprouts, halved)
- 1 packet (120 gram) spinach (baby spinach and red beetroot leaves)
What You Will Need
No special items needed.
Heat a barbecue griller chargrill on medium-high .
Brush corn with a little oil, cook, turning, for 8 minutes or until tender and transfer to a plate.
Season pork cutlets and cook on the grill for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until cook through and transfer to a plate and cover with foil, setting aside for 5 minutes to rest.
Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoon of remaining oil in a frying pan over medium high heat and cook the apple, turning, for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden and then add the chilli, ginger and half the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minutes or until fragrant and then add the plum sauce and half the lemon juice and bring to the boil and then reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 minute or until sauce thickens slightly.
Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan over high heat and add remaining garlic and Brussel sprouts, cut side down and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until Brussel sprouts at lightly browned and then stir in remaining lemon juice and transfer to a bowl.
Use a sharp knife to cut down the side of corn to remove kernels in long pieces.
Add salad leaves to the Brussel sprout mixture and season to taste, tossing to combine.
Place pork and apple on serving plates and drizzle with sauce and serve with salad and corn.
- Serving Size: 1 (475.4 g)
- Calories 676.5
- Total Fat - 28.8 g
- Saturated Fat - 8.3 g
- Cholesterol - 164.2 mg
- Sodium - 349.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 40.2 g
- Dietary Fiber - 5.2 g
- Sugars - 10.4 g
- Protein - 64.9 g
- Calcium - 80.9 mg
- Iron - 3.9 mg
- Vitamin C - 70.3 mg
- Thiamin - 1.6 mg