Created by: HeatherFeather
Created on August 16, 2012
Egg White Open Face Omelette with Basil, Tomatoes, & Goat Cheese
"A simple but pretty egg white omelette with cherry tomato slices, fresh basil leaves, and a little goat cheese. Inspired by a popular versions using spinach; this is my own creation. The measurements are meant to be a guide - I just measured this by feel."
|Add to Recipebook||Add Your Photo|
|Add to Menu||Add Private Note|
|Add to Shopping List||Add to Planner|
|Rate / Review Recipe (0)||Send to Email|
|Save recipe / favorites||Print This Recipe|
Prep Time: 10mPT10M
Cook Time: 5mPT5M
- 3 egg whites, beaten together well (I just used liquid plain Egg Beaters, the uncolored type)
- Sea salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste, freshly ground
- 5 basil leaves, approximately, left whole or chopped
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced, approximately
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled, approximately
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salted butter or Smart Balance, as needed
What You Will Need
No special items needed.
Heat butter over medium-low heat in a small nonstick skillet until bubbly.
Pour eggs into the skillet, swirling the pan to make sure the entire surface is covered; season to taste, then cover with a glass lid and allow to cook just until the whites are almost set.
Remove lid and scatter surface of the eggs with basil, tomatoes, and goat cheese, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper; allow to heat only a bit more - tomatoes and basil will only get slightly heated.
Slide omelette onto your plate and serve immediately; you may also fold over the eggs before removing from the pan with a spatula if your pan isn't quite as nonstick as mine.
- Serving Size: 1 (200.2 g)
- Calories 528.4
- Total Fat - 33.2 g
- Saturated Fat - 13.5 g
- Cholesterol - 78.4 mg
- Sodium - 2499.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber - 1.8 g
- Sugars - 11.7 g
- Protein - 42.1 g
- Calcium - 103.9 mg
- Iron - 5.9 mg
- Vitamin C - 0.8 mg
- Thiamin - 0.2 mg