Whatever Floats Your Boat Brownies
June 19, 2018
"this was my favorite go to home made recipe for brownies.... so delish and very easy to make... so much better than the box. and the best is you pick your additions, so many options,,, marshmallow, nuts, peanut butter, Chili peppers... hey be inventive and try so many combinations...."
- Serving Size: 1 (33.8 g)
- Calories 131.1
- Total Fat - 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat - 4.1 g
- Cholesterol - 41.3 mg
- Sodium - 47.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber - 1 g
- Sugars - 12.6 g
- Protein - 1.9 g
- Calcium - 9.9 mg
- Iron - 0.5 mg
- Vitamin C - 0 mg
- Thiamin - 0 mg
Step by Step Method
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Grease an 8 inch square pan or line with foil.
In a medium bowl combine melted butter and cocoa and stir until cocoa is dissolved.
Add sugar and mix well.
Add eggs one at a time and stir until well combined.
Stir in vanilla, flour and salt until you no longer see any flour (do not overmix).
Fold in "WHATEVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT"!
Spread in pan and bake for approximately 25 minutes.
DO NOT OVER-BAKE -- your brownies will come out dry. Adjust time/temp accordingly for your oven
If you do the knife/toothpick test, it should come out with moist crumbs, not clean.
Cool completely before cutting into squares.
For vegetarian omit the marshmallows.
For double recipe, bake in 9x12 pan and add 5 minutes to baking time.
- WHATEVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT ADDITIONS
- 1 -2 cup chocolate chips (semisweet, white, butterscotch, peanut butter)
- 1 -2 cup raisins
- 1 -2 cup chopped maraschino cherry
- 1 -2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 -2 cup M&M'
- 1 -2 cup Reese's pieces
- 1 -2 cup miniature marshmallow
- These and others can be added to your "whatever float your boat Brownies"
- This is the tastiest brownie base,, and what you put in is limited by your imagination.