George C Scott's Apple Pancakes
- Serving Size: 1 (203.9 g)
- Calories 216.8
- Total Fat - 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat - 6.7 g
- Cholesterol - 249.2 mg
- Sodium - 236.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber - 0.4 g
- Sugars - 11.4 g
- Protein - 11.2 g
- Calcium - 160 mg
- Iron - 1.1 mg
- Vitamin C - 1.1 mg
- Thiamin - 0.1 mg
Step by Step Method
Blend bisquick with sugar, milk, egg, butter and apple
Beat with rotary beater until smooth.
Heat pan until hot.
Grease if necessary.
Griddle is hot enough if few drops of water boil up and skid across the surface.
Drop batter by spoonfuls (or for uniformity, use 1/4 cup measure) on surface.
Cook until bubbles begin to appear and undersurface is nicely browned.
No special items needed.
The ingredient tips, suggestions, variations, facts, questions and answers below are not edits to the original author's recipe. They are not meant to imply any change would improve the recipe. They're offered for convenience, alternative ideas, and points of interest. If you have any comments about them, please post in the Help & Ideas forum.
- Use a tart, crisp apple for the best flavor.
- Be sure to melt the butter completely and cool it before using.
- Substitute the Bisquick with whole wheat flour and oat bran for a healthier option. The benefit of this substitution is that it adds more fiber and nutrients to the pancakes, making them a more nutritious breakfast option.
- Substitute the butter with coconut oil for a vegan option. The benefit of this substitution is that it eliminates the use of animal products, making the pancakes suitable for a vegan diet.
Cinnamon Apple Pancakes Follow the same instructions as above, but add 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon to the batter before cooking.
Roasted Asparagus with Lemon and Parmesan - This simple side dish pairs perfectly with the Apple Pancakes, adding a light and fresh flavor to the meal. Roasting the asparagus with lemon and parmesan brings out the natural sweetness and nutty flavor of the vegetable.
Crispy Roasted Potatoes with Garlic Aioli: Crispy roasted potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to the Apple Pancakes. This dish is easy to make and adds a savory flavor to the meal. The garlic aioli adds a creamy and zesty flavor to the potatoes, making them even more delicious.
Q: How much butter should be used for this recipe?
A: 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter, melted and cooled to room temperature.
Q: What type of butter should be used?
A: Unsalted butter is recommended for this recipe.
You'll Also Love
Fun Fact 1: This recipe was created by the late actor George C. Scott, who won an Academy Award for Best Actor for his role in the 1970 film Patton.
Fun Fact 2: George C. Scott was a renowned cook, and his apple pancakes were a favorite among family and friends. He often served them for breakfast on the set of his films.