Country Apple Bread Loaf
January 31, 2018
"You really must make this it's fabulous!"
- FOR BROWN SUGAR/CINNAMON MIXTURE
- FOR BREAD LOAF
- FOR GLAZE
- Serving Size: 1 (74.1 g)
- Calories 252.9
- Total Fat - 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat - 5.5 g
- Cholesterol - 57 mg
- Sodium - 145.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber - 0.5 g
- Sugars - 27.4 g
- Protein - 3.2 g
- Calcium - 74.7 mg
- Iron - 0.5 mg
- Vitamin C - 0 mg
- Thiamin - 0 mg
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use a 9x5-inch loaf pan and spray with non-stick spray or line with foil and spray with non-stick spray to get out easily for slicing.
Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl. Set aside.
In another medium-sized bowl, beat white sugar and butter together using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until blended in; add in vanilla extract.
Combine & whisk flour and baking powder together in another bowl and add into creamed butter mixture and stir until blended.
Mix milk into batter until smooth.
Pour half the batter into the prepared loaf pan; add half the chopped apple mixture.
Sprinkle 1/2 of the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture you set aside earlier, on top of apple layer.
Pour the remaining batter over apple layer and top with remaining chopped apples, then the remaining brown sugar/cinnamon mixture.
Lightly pat apples into batter; swirl brown sugar mixture through apples using knife or spoon.
Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, approximately 50-60 minutes.
To make glaze, mix powdered sugar and cream together until well mixed.
Let cool for about 15 minutes before drizzling with glaze.
Tips & Variations
- Next time I think I would add in walnuts. You can always use other fruit, or you could add in chocolate chips too! (Of course!)
- Substitutions: I've also substituted this with 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt, 1/3 cup milk and add 1/4 teaspoon baking soda instead of 1/2 cup milk as called out in the bread loaf ingredients.
- Bake 30-40 min. for 2 loaf recipe, 15-20 minutes for muffins or 50 -60 minutes for one full loaf recipe or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.