November 21, 2022
"Pancake mix these are so good and so easy,I did add an egg to mine because I personally like it better easy as they come folks"
- Serving Size: 1 (207.7 g)
- Calories 215.3
- Total Fat - 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat - 9.9 g
- Cholesterol - 45.7 mg
- Sodium - 246.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber - 1.1 g
- Sugars - 12.3 g
- Protein - 4.7 g
- Calcium - 171.2 mg
- Iron - 0.1 mg
- Vitamin C - 2.2 mg
- Thiamin - 0.1 mg
Step by Step Method
Mix everything but butter
Heat skillet melt a little butter
Add more butter
No special items needed.
The ingredient tips, suggestions, variations, facts, questions and answers below are not edits to the original author's recipe. They are not meant to imply any change would improve the recipe. They're offered for convenience, alternative ideas, and points of interest. If you have any comments about them, please post in the Help & Ideas forum.
- Make sure to get a buttermilk complete pancake mix for best results.
- Use unsweetened applesauce for a healthier option.
- Substitute almond milk for buttermilk: Almond milk is a dairy-free alternative to buttermilk, which makes this recipe vegan-friendly. It also has a slightly nutty flavor that can enhance the overall flavor of the pancakes.
- Substitute coconut oil for butter: Coconut oil is a healthier alternative to butter, as it is high in healthy fats and is cholesterol-free. It also has a subtle coconut flavor that can add a unique flavor to the pancakes.
Chocolate Chip Applesauce Pancakes Mix together 1 cup buttermilk complete pancake mix, 1 cup applesauce, 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 2 tablespoons milk, 2 tablespoons butter, and 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips. Heat a skillet and melt a little butter. Make pancakes and flip. Add more butter and repeat.
Maple Syrup Bacon: Crispy bacon strips cooked in maple syrup for a sweet and savory flavor. This dish is the perfect accompaniment to Applesauce Pancakes for a delicious breakfast.
Scrambled Eggs with Cheese: Scrambled eggs with melted cheese make a delicious and creamy combination that pairs perfectly with the sweet and savory Maple Syrup Bacon. The combination of the two dishes makes for a hearty and satisfying breakfast.
Q: Can I use any type of pancake mix?
A: Yes, you can use any type of pancake mix for this recipe.
Q: What type of milk should I use?
A: You can use any type of milk you prefer, such as dairy milk, almond milk, or soy milk.
You'll Also Love
This recipe for Applesauce Pancakes is said to have been a favorite of President Abraham Lincoln!
Applesauce Pancakes were a favorite of the famous chef Julia Child, who wrote about them in her cookbook, Mastering the Art of French Cooking.