Created by: Marramamba
Created on May 24, 2015
Korean Ground Beef Over Wilted Sesame Slaw
"A deliciously different ground beef recipe. I would probably buy premixed coleslaw mix than make my own. You can serve both over rice with it as well."
|Add to Recipebook||Add Your Photo|
|Add to Menu||Add Private Note|
|Add to Shopping List||Add to Planner|
|Rate / Review Recipe (2)||Send to Email|
|Save recipe / favorites||Print This Recipe|
Prep Time: 5mPT5M
Cook Time: 20mPT20M
wow oh wow this is great used the coleslaw mix perfect try this one made for billboard tag.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoons hot sauce (Sriracha, use less if you don't like spice!)
- 3 green onions, sliced from tip to tail, excluding the root.
- 6 cups sliced Napa Cabbage
- 6 ounces carrots (2 carrots, grated)
- 2 green onions, diced from tip to tail, excluding the root
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon oil (canola oil)
What You Will Need
No special items needed.
Heat a large pan over medium high heat. Brown the meat with sesame oil, garlic and ginger.
Drain 75% of the fat, add brown sugar, soy sauce, and Sriracha.
Cook until the liquid has reabsorbed and the meat is shiny but not soupy.
Remove meat from pan, lightly wipe clean with paper towel.
To make the slaw, put the Napa cabbage, carrots, green onions, sesame oil, canola oil in the skillet the meat just came out of.
Cook for 4-5 minutes until the water has exaporated.
Add in 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
Top the slaw with ground beef for a rice free meal, or add them both on top of brown rice.
- Serving Size: 1 (909.4 g)
- Calories 1066.6
- Total Fat - 51.8 g
- Saturated Fat - 15.1 g
- Cholesterol - 201.9 mg
- Sodium - 2319.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 84.9 g
- Dietary Fiber - 5.5 g
- Sugars - 61.6 g
- Protein - 67.7 g
- Calcium - 198.9 mg
- Iron - 10.1 mg
- Vitamin C - 30.1 mg
- Thiamin - 0.3 mg