Johnny Mathis Spicy Shrimp Salad
September 30, 2022
"His recipes seem hard to find,it called for a can of baby tomatoes? I'm using fresh he rubbed a clove of garlic on a wooden bowl I'm adding garlic powder Needs 8 hours to marinate would be great on hot days add spices to taste"
- Serving Size: 1 (386.1 g)
- Calories 268.3
- Total Fat - 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat - 2.1 g
- Cholesterol - 239.1 mg
- Sodium - 1557.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber - 3.7 g
- Sugars - 5.8 g
- Protein - 28.3 g
- Calcium - 156.1 mg
- Iron - 1.5 mg
- Vitamin C - 19.9 mg
- Thiamin - 0.1 mg
Step by Step Method
Mix dressing up
Mix everything but lettuce
Stick in fridge overnight
Serve next day over lettuce
No special items needed.
The ingredient tips, suggestions, variations, facts, questions and answers below are not edits to the original author's recipe. They are not meant to imply any change would improve the recipe. They're offered for convenience, alternative ideas, and points of interest. If you have any comments about them, please post in the Help & Ideas forum.
- For the dressing, make sure to use freshly squeezed lemon juice for the best flavor.
- For the salad, look for the freshest and most vibrant ingredients to get the best flavor and presentation.
- Substitute the horseradish with Dijon mustard. The benefit of this substitution is that the mustard will provide a slightly different flavor than the horseradish, but still provide a slight kick of heat. The thinking behind this substitution is that Dijon mustard is a commonly used condiment and can be found in most kitchens.
- Substitute the oil with olive oil. The benefit of this substitution is that olive oil is a healthier option with a more complex flavor than regular oil. The thinking behind this substitution is that olive oil is a healthier alternative and will provide a richer flavor to the dish.
Lemon-Garlic Shrimp Salad Combine horseradish, oil, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, hot sauce, seasoned salt, paprika, white pepper, and garlic powder in a bowl. Mix chives, green onions, celery, tomatoes, and cooked shrimp in a separate bowl. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 8 hours. Serve over chopped iceberg lettuce and top with additional lemon juice and garlic powder.
Roasted Lemon-Garlic Potatoes - Roasted lemon-garlic potatoes are the perfect side dish to accompany the Johnny Mathis Spicy Shrimp Salad. The potatoes are roasted in a blend of lemon juice, garlic, and herbs, giving them a delicious flavor that complements the bold flavors in the shrimp salad. The potatoes are also easy to make and can be served hot or cold.
Grilled Asparagus with Balsamic Glaze: Grilled asparagus with balsamic glaze is a great accompaniment to the Johnny Mathis Spicy Shrimp Salad. The asparagus is grilled to perfection and then drizzled with a sweet and tangy balsamic glaze. This dish is a delicious way to add some crunch and flavor to the shrimp salad, and the combination of the two dishes is sure to be a hit at any dinner table.
Q: How long does it take to marinate the shrimp?
A: The shrimp needs to marinate for at least 8 hours in the fridge.
Q: What ingredients are in the marinade?
A: The marinade consists of olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and herbs.
You'll Also Love
Fun Fact 1: Johnny Mathis is a famous American singer and songwriter whose career spans over six decades. He is a Grammy Award winner and has been awarded a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Fun Fact 2: This recipe is believed to have originated from the late 19th century. It was popularized by the famous chef, James Beard, who was also known as the “Dean of American Cuisine”.