Hungry Tiger Pancakes Copycat
July 16, 2022
"Serve with honey butter"
- Serving Size: 1 (252.4 g)
- Calories 497.4
- Total Fat - 36.3 g
- Saturated Fat - 13.9 g
- Cholesterol - 1331.8 mg
- Sodium - 187.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber - 0 g
- Sugars - 13.2 g
- Protein - 23.2 g
- Calcium - 297.9 mg
- Iron - 3.4 mg
- Vitamin C - 0 mg
- Thiamin - 0.3 mg
Step by Step Method
Heat electric griddle to 375 degrees while mixing batter.
Beat egg whites with a hand mixer on high speed to stiff peaks and set aside.
Cream sugar and egg yolks at high speed until lemony colored (about a minute).
Add milk and beat 2 more minutes on high.
Add biscuit mix and vanilla extract, mix on low speed until just blended.
Fold beaten egg whites into batter .
Let stand 5 minutes.
Pour onto heated buttered griddle
Cook about 3 minutes before turning.
Cook 1 to 2 minutes on second side.
No special items needed.
The ingredient tips, suggestions, variations, facts, questions and answers below are not edits to the original author's recipe. They are not meant to imply any change would improve the recipe. They're offered for convenience, alternative ideas, and points of interest. If you have any comments about them, please post in the Help & Ideas forum.
- When selecting the egg whites, make sure they are at room temperature for best results.
- It is important to use vanilla extract for the best flavor, not vanilla essence.
- Substitute agave nectar for sugar - Agave nectar is a natural sweetener that is lower in calories than sugar and has a milder flavor. This substitution will help reduce the amount of calories in the pancakes, while still providing a sweet flavor.
- Substitute almond milk for cow's milk - Almond milk is a dairy-free alternative to cow's milk. This substitution will make the pancakes vegan-friendly and also reduce the amount of calories in the pancakes.
Chocolate Chip Pancakes Add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips to the batter and mix until just blended. Proceed with the remaining steps.
Maple-Glazed Bacon: Crispy and sweet, this maple-glazed bacon is the perfect accompaniment to the Hungry Tiger Pancakes. The salty bacon and the sweet maple syrup provide a delicious contrast to the fluffy pancakes.
Scrambled Eggs: Scrambled eggs are a classic breakfast dish that pairs perfectly with the maple-glazed bacon. The creamy eggs provide a contrast to the crunchy bacon, creating a delicious combination of flavors that will satisfy any appetite.
Q: How long should I cook the pancakes for?
A: Cook the pancakes for about 3 minutes on the first side, then 1 to 2 minutes on the second side.
Q: What type of pan should I use to cook pancakes?
A: A nonstick skillet or griddle is best for cooking pancakes. Make sure the pan is hot before adding the batter.
You'll Also Love
The Hungry Tiger Pancake recipe is a copycat of the popular pancakes served at the Hungry Tiger restaurant in Los Angeles, California. The restaurant was opened by the actor and singer Dean Martin in the 1950s.
The Hungry Tiger Pancake recipe has been featured in many cooking books, including one by the renowned celebrity chef Jamie Oliver. This recipe has become a favorite among many home cooks.