Fasolakia (Green Bean Casserole)
June 11, 2019
"This recipe is from Plant Based Magazine, July 2018. Traditionally this dish is served with feta."
- Serving Size: 1 (404.5 g)
- Calories 249.1
- Total Fat - 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat - 1.1 g
- Cholesterol - 0 mg
- Sodium - 343.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 40.7 g
- Dietary Fiber - 7.6 g
- Sugars - 6.4 g
- Protein - 5.4 g
- Calcium - 97.5 mg
- Iron - 3.4 mg
- Vitamin C - 63.1 mg
- Thiamin - 0.2 mg
1. In a deep saucepan, heat olive oil for one minute.
2. Add onion and garlic; cook on low heat till onion is translucent
3. Add beans and potatoes; cook 3 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally to avoid burning
4. When potatoes and beans start to develop a nice golden colour, add parsley, mint, zucchini, tomatoes coconut sugar and tomato paste; simmer for 10 minutes on medium heat, stirring often to avoid burning.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste
6. Increase heat to high and add hot water to cover beans and potatoes.
7. Bring to a boil, then simmer on low heat with a lid on for 20 minutes making sure there's always water in the pot. (Not so much water that it's soupy, just enough extra liquid to enjoy the delicious sauce with a slice of bread.
Tips & Variations
No special items needed.