Asparagus & Prawn Rice Paper Rolls
October 06, 2020
"From our weekday newspaper The West Australian."
- Serving Size: 1 (171.1 g)
- Calories 163.5
- Total Fat - 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat - 0.9 g
- Cholesterol - 6.3 mg
- Sodium - 411.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber - 6 g
- Sugars - 6.1 g
- Protein - 4 g
- Calcium - 41.9 mg
- Iron - 5 mg
- Vitamin C - 25.5 mg
- Thiamin - 0.2 mg
Dipping sauce: Combine lime juice, sugar, fish sauce and chillies with 3 tablespoons water.
Blanch asparagus until tender crisp, but still bright green and cut spears in half across bunch.
Rolls: Half fill a large bowl with lukewarm water and cip one whole sheet of rice paper in water and lay flat on a plate.
Place 2 prawn halves in a line 3cm from top of wrapper and top with a little shredded lettuce, 2 Thai basil leaves, 1 slice avocado, cucumber strips, and 2 pieces of asparagus.
Fold sides of rice paper over filling, and then roll firmly from bottom to top, or how you prefer.
Place each roll on a serving plate and cover with a slightly dampened cloth, while preparing remaining rolls.
Serve immediately with the dipping sauce
Tips & Variations
- For lots of other delicious variations, try using sliced mango, cooked chicken, mint or Vietnamese mint, carrot strips, BBQ pork, slices of Peking Duck, rice vermicelli noodles, coriander leaves, Enoki mushrooms or bean shoots.
- 8 x 16 cm round rice paper wrappers are the preferred size for this recipe.
- Try a little sweet chilli sauce in the dipping sauce.