Red Cabbage Any Ideas?

Share your tips and ideas on making the most of meals!
Tisme

Red Cabbage Any Ideas?

Post by Tisme » Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:17 pm

DD has a cafe and ordered shredded lettuce and carrot and got 3 bags of this instead. She was given a credit and told to keep it, so she bought it home for the chooks!!!! :? :shock: :o
As if that is going to happen! :lol:
I am at this moment making pickled red cabbage, but am not sure what to do with the rest..... any ideas?
As some would know, I am myself vegetarian, also a lot of recipes I have seen, call for apples, and unfortunately they are not my favorite thing, unless they are in a pie. Unfortunately my freezer is chockers and not much room for anything else.
Anyone with some inspiration?

Sue

Re: Red Cabbage Any Ideas?

Post by Sue » Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:46 pm

Tisme wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:17 pm
DD has a cafe and ordered shredded lettuce and carrot and got 3 bags of this instead. She was given a credit and told to keep it, so she bought it home for the chooks!!!! :? :shock: :o
As if that is going to happen! :lol:
I am at this moment making pickled red cabbage, but am not sure what to do with the rest..... any ideas?
As some would know, I am myself vegetarian, also a lot of recipes I have seen, call for apples, and unfortunately they are not my favorite thing, unless they are in a pie. Unfortunately my freezer is chockers and not much room for anything else.
Anyone with some inspiration?
Beet and red cabbage sauerkraut is very good.

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:24 pm

This is a great way to use cabbage. The recipe calls for savoy but I have made this many times with so many types of cabbage...

https://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/sweet ... bage-20277

Tisme

Post by Tisme » Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:53 pm

Thanks everyone, some great ideas, to choose from. :D