Shrimp Scampi Soup
"Taste of home someone said best soup they have ever had,it's easy and fast too"
- Serving Size: 1 (338.2 g)
- Calories 439.3
- Total Fat - 25 g
- Saturated Fat - 11.5 g
- Cholesterol - 221.2 mg
- Sodium - 1453.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 33 g
- Dietary Fiber - 1.1 g
- Sugars - 17.8 g
- Protein - 20.3 g
- Calcium - 121.6 mg
- Iron - 1.2 mg
- Vitamin C - 2.4 mg
- Thiamin - 0.2 mg
Step by Step Method
In a medium saucepan
Saute onion in butter until tender.
Saute 3 minutes longer.
Add broth and soup,(rinse out soup can with broth) whisking until combined.
Add remaining ingredients
Simmer 15 minutes to blend flavors.
Season to taste
No special items needed.
The ingredient tips, suggestions, variations, facts, questions and answers below are not edits to the original author's recipe. They are not meant to imply any change would improve the recipe. They're offered for convenience, alternative ideas, and points of interest. If you have any comments about them, please post in the Help & Ideas forum.
- When selecting the shrimp, make sure to get peeled and deveined shrimp for the best flavor and texture.
- When purchasing the cream, use light cream for a lighter, healthier soup.
- Substitution 1: Replace the shrimp with chicken for a heartier meal. Benefit: This substitution adds more protein and makes the soup a more filling meal. Thinking: For those looking for a soup that can be a main course, this substitution adds more substance to the dish.
- Substitution 2: Replace the cream of mushroom soup with cream of celery soup. Benefit: This substitution adds a subtle flavor and texture to the soup. Thinking: For those looking for a unique flavor and texture, this substitution adds a subtle yet distinct flavor to the dish.
Coconut-Curry Shrimp Scampi Soup In a medium saucepan, sauté onion in butter until tender. Add garlic and sauté 3 minutes longer. Add chicken broth, condensed cream of coconut soup, and curry powder. Whisk until combined. Add remaining ingredients and simmer 15 minutes to blend flavors. Season to taste.
Garlic Parmesan Roasted Potatoes: Roasted potatoes are a classic side dish that pairs perfectly with this Shrimp Scampi Soup. The potatoes are coated in garlic, butter, and Parmesan cheese for an extra flavorful kick. The potatoes are roasted until golden and crispy, perfect for a comforting meal.
Garlic Bread: Garlic bread is the perfect accompaniment to this Shrimp Scampi Soup. The garlic-butter flavor pairs perfectly with the soup and adds a delicious crunch to each bite. The bread can be toasted until golden and crispy for an extra crunch, and it's sure to be a hit with everyone at the table.
Q: Can I use frozen shrimp for this recipe?
A: Yes, you can use frozen shrimp for this recipe. Make sure to thaw the shrimp before adding it to the soup.
Q: What type of shrimp should I use?
A: Any type of shrimp will work for this recipe. We recommend using large or jumbo shrimp for the best flavor and texture.
You'll Also Love
The recipe for Shrimp Scampi Soup is said to have originated in the Italian-American community of New York City, and it has been a popular dish ever since.
Famous chef Julia Child was known to be a fan of this soup, and she often served it to her guests at dinner parties.