Created by: HeatherFeather
Created on January 8, 2013
Tuna Casserole For Small Families
"A very unique blend of ingredients went into this version of the classic tuna casserole. I created this tonight based on the ingredients we like and typically have lying around in my pantry. All of the seasonings are to taste, so please add as much or as little as you like."
|Add to Recipebook||Add Your Photo|
|Add to Menu||Add Private Note|
|Add to Shopping List||Add to Planner|
|Rate / Review Recipe (0)||Send to Email|
|Save recipe / favorites||Print This Recipe|
Prep Time: 10mPT10M
Cook Time: 45mPT45M
- 6 ounces dry whole wheat egg noodles, cooked and drained (about 2 cups cooked)
- 1 (5 ounce) can white tuna, drained well
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of asparagus soup
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup whole milk (I filled the empty soup can to within 1 inch of the top)
- 1 cup frozen peas, cooked briefly, drained well
- 1/2 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Tony Cachere's Creole Seasoning blend, to taste
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Finely ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 slices provolone cheese, cut or torn into small pieces
- 8 Ritz crackers, "Roasted Vegetable" flavor, crumbled, approximately
What You Will Need
No special items needed.
Preheat oven to 350 F and have ready a lightly greased 9" square baking dish.
Combine egg noodles, soup, milk, tuna, cheese, and peas in a large mixing bowl.
Season to taste with seasoning salt, Creole seasoning blend, and black pepper - I shook a layer of each spice on top of the mixture, stirred it in, gave it a taste and added another layer, going heavier on the pepper and lighter on the salt, then mixed it again. You will need to adjust the amounts to your personal tastes.
Pour into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with an even layer of crushed crackers.
Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly.
- Serving Size: 1 (482 g)
- Calories 1356.8
- Total Fat - 61.1 g
- Saturated Fat - 16.3 g
- Cholesterol - 121.9 mg
- Sodium - 1216.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 165.6 g
- Dietary Fiber - 13.8 g
- Sugars - 20 g
- Protein - 35.7 g
- Calcium - 249.6 mg
- Iron - 5.4 mg
- Vitamin C - 16.6 mg
- Thiamin - 1.2 mg