What's Up Today

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

RZ-Admin
Site Admin

Re: What's Up Today

Post by RZ-Admin » Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:57 pm

How's everyone doing today?

I worked all weekend, so another day at the grind for me. :)

Looking forward to a fresh salad for lunch.

Need to plan some time to try some of the recipes Bea posted in the photo forum the other day.

Then I found these shrimp skewers. Look so delicious...

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:54 pm

RZ-Admin wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:57 pm
How's everyone doing today?

I worked all weekend, so another day at the grind for me. :)

Looking forward to a fresh salad for lunch.

Need to plan some time to try some of the recipes Bea posted in the photo forum the other day.

Then I found these shrimp skewers. Look so delicious...
Hey hey, I’m glad The photos tempted you!! And those skewers are a regular here, hubby’s
favourite shrimp recipe…
The weather has warmed up so I can finally go for a nice walk without freezing, lol.
I will be grilling a couple of steaks when I get back in from my walk….

Have a great day everyone:-)

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:02 pm

Loved Bea's Shrimp Skewers! We've had intensely cold days here too Bea, today up to minus 12 but hearing February will see us back to minus 40, meanwhile going to hope they are wrong. City shop had me luck out a large container of arugula and baby spinach as well as one of lovely lettuce making for great salads. For my evening meal #recipe2303 and a green salad then off to a good book.

RZ-Admin
Site Admin

Post by RZ-Admin » Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:49 pm

That tipsy chicken looks interesting. Is it called tipsy because of the sherry or am I missing something?

Stay warm! :)

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:04 pm

For most part the only sherry I manage to find is the cooking sherry which sees me use white wine, so usually it's wine that makes for the 'Tipsy' Chicken at my house. It's an old favourite of ours. :)

RZ-Admin
Site Admin

Post by RZ-Admin » Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:59 pm

Wine while you cook. ;)

RZ-Admin
Site Admin

Post by RZ-Admin » Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:01 pm

Good day everyone! :)
How's your world today?
I enjoyed a gorgeous sunrise which put a lot of optimism into my day. :)

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:45 pm

Gerry wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:02 pm
Loved Bea's Shrimp Skewers! We've had intensely cold days here too Bea, today up to minus 12 but hearing February will see us back to minus 40, meanwhile going to hope they are wrong. City shop had me luck out a large container of arugula and baby spinach as well as one of lovely lettuce making for great salads. For my evening meal #recipe2303 and a green salad then off to a good book.
We make your Tipsy Chicken recipe often Gerry. Everyone loves it, even the kiddos. I have never tried it with wine, I will try it this way next time.
I hope you didn't have to take out a second mortgage for all those leafy greens, lol.... Outrageous the price of that right now, well any food for that matter :?

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:51 pm

RZ-Admin wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:01 pm
Good day everyone! :)
How's your world today?
I enjoyed a gorgeous sunrise which put a lot of optimism into my day. :)
Hey hey :) Ahhhh a beautiful sunrise is always a good start to the day. I can never get my lazy butt out of bed early enough to see one. Unless I am away on a vacation, that is the only time I get up early. And that's only because they serve wine at that time :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was stormy here today, snow squalls in the A.M. and now thunderstorms and rain. Ugh.... makes for dangerous driving conditions. I can't wait for spring, I wasn't made for the winters we get here.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:01 pm

First greens that looked like greens should for one long time Bea, I was relying on the occasional Kale and Poppy Seed Mixes. The big beautiful fresh container of baby spinach and arugula was 30 percent off, I refused to look at the price of the box of single leaf lettuce as unlike the heads they stay fresh for so much longer. As for the rest of the fresh greens, frozen Oriental and Asian vegetables yes the pocket book was very much lighter. Much will go into freezer stash so no waste. I agree prices for almost everything is outrageous. I have no idea how young people are managing nutritious meals, fresh fruit and vegetables for their children.