2016 What Are You Reading

Post Reply
Shadows1
Posts: 6942
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:41 pm

Re: 2016 What Are You Reading

Post by Shadows1 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:11 pm

ellie wrote:
Shadows1 wrote:Just finished 2 freebee sci-fi books that do not merit mention.
I have just started "The Innocent " by David Baldacci. So far well written and holding my attention. It is about dark operations for the government from one hit-mans view.
I enjoyed "The Innocent". David Baldacci is one of my favorite authors.
Turned out to be a very good read! I recommend it to everyone.
I looked at some of his other books on Amazon and they are to expensive right now, I will wait and see if the price comes down. ;)

ellie
Posts: 4211
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:48 pm

Re: 2016 What Are You Reading

Post by ellie » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:21 pm

Shadows1 wrote:
ellie wrote:
Shadows1 wrote:Just finished 2 freebee sci-fi books that do not merit mention.
I have just started "The Innocent " by David Baldacci. So far well written and holding my attention. It is about dark operations for the government from one hit-mans view.
I enjoyed "The Innocent". David Baldacci is one of my favorite authors.
Turned out to be a very good read! I recommend it to everyone.
I looked at some of his other books on Amazon and they are to expensive right now, I will wait and see if the price comes down. ;)
I borrow from the library on my kindle. It has worked out well.

Gerry
Posts: 3722
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:57 am

Re: 2016 What Are You Reading

Post by Gerry » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:43 pm

I too use my e library ellie which here is relatively new, happy to say I find they have been expanding their choices. I was delighted to see they had ' David Baldacci's 'The Innocent' Having two books already on hold decided to start a new 'To Read ' list. So many books – so little time!

I have to once again thank lovinretirement for her BookBub.com recommend, joining is free, there are daily recommends, most on sale for a dollar or two – a click sends me to Amazon. Have ordered a number of books and some awesome cookbooks. Today added ... Monika Korra's Kill The Silence: A Survivor’s Life Reclaimed' and from the Times Best Seller List 'Little Prisoners' I am sure I will soon have a book stash to take well into next year !

ellie
Posts: 4211
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:48 pm

Re: 2016 What Are You Reading

Post by ellie » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:31 am

Finished "A Different Key - story of autism" a very good book but very slow going -- had a lot of info I hadn't realized but it took me almost three weeks to finish it. Next read on a lighter note: "Missing Pieces" by Heather Gudenkau - this should be a fairly fast read.

Shadows1
Posts: 6942
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:41 pm

Re: 2016 What Are You Reading

Post by Shadows1 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:35 pm

Our e-library sucks! Only one county's branch has it and you need a card to use it and it is to far away for me to get one. My wife works at a private library and their cards are not accepted.

ellie
Posts: 4211
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:48 pm

Re: 2016 What Are You Reading

Post by ellie » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:22 pm

Shadows1 wrote:Our e-library sucks! Only one county's branch has it and you need a card to use it and it is to far away for me to get one. My wife works at a private library and their cards are not accepted.
That's too bad. My sister set it up for me but I did have to use my library card.

Gerry
Posts: 3722
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:57 am

Re: 2016 What Are You Reading

Post by Gerry » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:41 pm

Shadows1 wrote:Our e-library sucks! Only one county's branch has it and you need a card to use it and it is to far away for me to get one. My wife works at a private library and their cards are not accepted.
Our e library is in the city but fortunately it serves all our branches, but yes to needing a library card to set it, all I need to do is renew either at our little library here or online. Perhaps you'll eventually get a chance to pick up a library card to set it up, in the meanwhile hopefully your wife's library has plenty of choices! :)

Gerry
Posts: 3722
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:57 am

Re: 2016 What Are You Reading

Post by Gerry » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:45 pm

One of the offerings on Bookbub this morning sees to another must read added to my e reader, David Bodanis's 'Passionate Minds' “In 1733 when the poet and philosopher Voltaire met Emilie du Châtelet, a beguiling—and married—aristocrat who would one day popularize Newton’s arcane ideas and pave the way for Einstein’s theories, they fell immediately and passionately in love. Based on a rich array of personal letters, as well as writings from houseguests, neighbors, scientists, and even police reports, Passionate Minds is an unforgettable love story of their tumultuous fifteen-year relationship both glorious and heartbreaking. Makes for an absorbing read"

Gerry
Posts: 3722
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:57 am

Re: 2016 What Are You Reading

Post by Gerry » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:36 pm

Have read Liane Moriarty's 'What Alice Lost' thanks to a heads up from Tigger. Found the book had a well thought out story line, a fall leaves Alice with a ten year memory loss, having to find her way back as her memory returns. I enjoyed Alice's story but found the separate additions of Elizabeths and Frannies storylines a little distracting likely because I like a book to flow, a personal preference on my part. That said remains I really liked this novel and found it a very good read.

ellie
Posts: 4211
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:48 pm

Re: 2016 What Are You Reading

Post by ellie » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:50 pm

Gerry wrote:One of the offerings on Bookbub this morning sees to another must read added to my e reader, David Bodanis's 'Passionate Minds' “In 1733 when the poet and philosopher Voltaire met Emilie du Châtelet, a beguiling—and married—aristocrat who would one day popularize Newton’s arcane ideas and pave the way for Einstein’s theories, they fell immediately and passionately in love. Based on a rich array of personal letters, as well as writings from houseguests, neighbors, scientists, and even police reports, Passionate Minds is an unforgettable love story of their tumultuous fifteen-year relationship both glorious and heartbreaking. Makes for an absorbing read"
This sounds like something I would like - I will look for it.

Post Reply