~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Luvcookn

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by Luvcookn » Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:35 am

Clicks are in! :O3

This quote is for you Gerry!

“Books have a way of finding their way into our lives, usually, right when we need them the most.” Richard Denney

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:59 pm

Clicks are in.

Love that quote Patti, you are right that is so me. We didn't see much of the Solar Eclipse here just looked a touch overcast. But so surprised with just a few days of sun I have Daylilies peeking through beside my front steps.

Best news of all we are going out for a late lunch for daughter's birthday shortly!

This one is for you Patti!

"You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have" ~ Maya Angelou.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:10 am

Hope you and your daughter had a mahhhhvellllous birthday lunch together!!!! (((hugs)))

Ahhhh...the wisdom of Maya! Gotta love it! :-)

We are too far west to have seen the eclipse...so we watched it on TV. I have seen several eclipses in my lifetime here on the coast.

Off to Kamloops very early tomorrow morning. Will be able to get to Costco and Nature's Fair (an organic grocery, deli and vitamin store).

“Work is a blessing. God has so arranged the world that work is necessary, and He gives us hands and strength to do it. The enjoyment of leisure would be nothing if we had only leisure. It is the joy of work well done that enables us to enjoy rest, just as it is the experiences of hunger and thirst that make food and drink such pleasures.” Elisabeth Elliot, Discipline: The Glad Surrender

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:21 am

Clicks are in, love the daily doubles.

Had a lovely afternoon with Cathy, the second family birthday this month and a number more to go!

It should warm to 14 C/ 57F this afternoon. Have the indoor plantings to attend this morning and the never ending laundry. I heard my first robin a couple days ago and see new birds out in back so out with new feeders this morning,

" Be willing to be a beginner every single morning" -Meister Eckhart

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:21 am

Clicks are in.

Such a lovely day yesterday but saw to barely managing to turn my neck along with a painful eye ache/ headache over my left eye and did not feel at all well so it was a major slow down day, and an early night. Since I rarely ever have headaches I suspected allergy with the eye so added an antihistamine. Although the eye area still somewhat uncomfortable thankfully much better this morning as it's nice and sunny perfect for an outdoor day.

A plus this morning while I did hear a robin a couple days back this morning saw that very welcome bird in the apple tree along with many spring arrivals. I must change to my spring and summer feeders as hear the grackles are on the way!

I find this one so very true, so much promise as it begins to warm.

“April is a promise that May is bound to keep.” – Hal Borland

Luvcookn

Re: ~ ClickTto Feed the Animals ~

Post by Luvcookn » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:52 am

Happy you and Cathy had a wonderful time together! :-)

Had a very long day yesterday...left at 6:30am and arrived home at 9:30pm. So I am a wee bit draggy today. We still have remnants of snow on our property. We did not receive the amount of snow pack that we usually do. And that makes it scary for water this summer!!

This quote made me giggle...I think most of us get it!

“I was good and bad, but never wicked.” Anne Rice

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:26 pm

Clicks are in.

Times a sunny morning has one looking to a warm and sunny afternoon ... not! Today not looking very promising either as it's feels like 2 and it's noon and dull. A garage day for the plants and bird feeders day today.

Have an awesome container of spinach that tastes like it came from my garden, has made for great breakfast omelettes, must check out more recipes maybe a dinner salad. If I have enough soil to top a little box time to plant that spinach that I had planned to do last fall. As you know a designated spot makes for early volunteers.

Your quote made for chuckles as how true, not perfect but like Anne Rice never wicked! :)

"Be the reason someone smiles today"

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:11 am

Ah Gerry...love hearing about your gardening adventures! :-) How I long to have soil under my nails!

Thought I had found a good vehicle for us! Phoned and asked for the VIN# and carfax report. Had made arrangements with a friend to take me up to Prince George today (but I cancelled). The dealer supplied the VIN# but still has not supplied the carfax report so I asked my son-in-law in Texas to get it. He did, and the info was not good...had been in 2 accidents and the CVT transmission had issues. You know Gerry...my history with tranny's!! Done with all that!!! So back to looking.

“The more you talk about them, the more important they will feel. The more you listen to them, the more important you will make them feel.” Roy T. Bennett

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:57 am

Another sunny day! We are still in a drought here. Sure wish we could have Spring rains!

“Forget your voice, sing!
Forget your feet, dance!
Forget your life, live!
Forget yourself and be!” Kamand Kojouri

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:42 am

Clicks are in.
A beautiful sunny morning, predicted temps in the 60's F makes it my kind of day. Hopefully we will also see gentle April showers in the weeks to come. I see green shoots and seems I will have resident robins along with the return of many of our summer birds.

To a wonderful weekend.

“Find joy in everything you choose to do.”