~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Luvcookn

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by Luvcookn » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:29 am

Clicks are in! :O3

Love the analogy Gerry! Never heard that saying before...but very apropo! Glad to hear that you will be taking things a wee bit easier to give your back a reprieve! I had to to that when I dealt with the deer.

Today I am going to get the jars/lids/rings washed and ready for canning the deer stock tomorrow. Then on Sunday I am making a veggie stew and putting it in a pumpkin and roasting it in the oven. So when you scoop the stew...you will get some pumpkin with it.

Make a cozy loving day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:47 am

it ia 4 hours one way so 8 hours travel 4hours there.

nice to be there . I enjoy.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:25 pm

Yesterday saw to a nasty cold day the 'feels like almost 20 below' today seems to be warming which is good as I have to attend to the mail, banking and such.

Got an unexpected head start on my kitchen fall cleaning this morning, wanting to add some protein my egg spilled down the side of the stove instead of the pan. With the back issues that flare I hadn't pulled the stove out for more months than I wish to admit to. Amazing what collects! Have to say I am thankful it's cleaned and more than pleased I managed to push it back in.

With the cold weather settling in I want to add more bird feeders this weekend, and praying people care for their fur babies seeing they have food and proteted during the long cold winter.
Wishing everyone a great weekend.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:56 am

Our temps here Gerry have been hanging around 3C (37.4F) in the early morning when I get up...and around 7C (44.6F) during the day. Today it is raining. It will be a good day to do the canning.

Hope your day is filled with smiles! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:23 pm

Pattie it is so nice that you include Fahrenheit in your temperature i so dont comprehend Celsius. ordered a coat from jcpenny. it is a wine colored rain resistant jacket.needed a jacket i could wear if it rains.my faux leather one started to flake around neck. those temperature s sound like good canning temps.

Gerry I've been trying to eat an egg for protien with my breakfast also.it

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:56 pm

Thursday's nasty feels like almost 20 below was fahrenheit Judy and yesterday it warmed to rain! I may be Canadian but I am of the old school, I think in fahrenheight! Weather unreal this year, today snowy the damp/cold sees the heat turned up and I still feel chilled. Made a simmering pot of old fashioned Potato Soup using vegan chicken soup cubes, will be perfect for tomorrows lunch with dd.

I did see a number of wine colored jackets these past weeks Judy, I liked the color.

With a super busy week behind you Patti I cannot immagine having the energy to can! It's almost three oclock here, folding the last load of towels may soon see me curled up under my cosy little electric blanket for the curling game and this evening maybe a Netflix movie. Have a great weekend!

Misa

Post by Misa » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:05 pm

I can't help but giggle - we are birds of a feather here. I pulled out my 2 cold weather coats this past week, and am a bit sad my wine colored coat has seen better days. I've probably worn it longer than I should have, because I'm just so fond of the color. Going to be tough to find a replacement for it I think, since it's not super heavy for the coldest temps we don't usually have until Jan/Feb (although next week is supposed to be in line with those temps), but heavier than my go-to hoodies. (And one of which is probably past its prime as well. :cry: )

Today was a brother-sister day getting out and about. We drove over a couple of counties to the newest Mennonite store in the area. It was very spacious, which was very pleasant as the original store gets very, very cramped and congested. We decided we wanted to go back in the spring to get one of their deli sandwiches and eat out on their porch. They had neat, rustic looking rocking chairs to sit in outside. I showed great restraint in limiting my purchases. :lol: We browsed a couple of antique stores and stopped at Publix. Publix is a wonderful grocery chain that has only recently made it's presence here in east Tennessee; they are mostly Florida and Georgia. I used to have several co-workers that moved from Florida when the job market burst in FL years ago, and they all lamented not having one here. I can see why. We picked up mom a few of her favorite things from there, and I snagged some quiche slices. Hubby isn't the quiche fan that I am, so it's nice to indulge without trying to finish off a whole pie over a few days. I wish we had a Publix closer to the house, but I will not complain about having one in jaunting distance.

Tomorrow I'm off with hubby to start trying to Christmas shop. I haven't the foggiest of what to get most people on my list. Ugh. Maybe inspiration will strike.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:49 am

What a lovely colour to wear in the winter Judy! I bet you look spectacular! :-)

Sounds like a perfect afternoon/evening Gerry...curled up with your pooches, a warming soup, electric blanket and a curling match! Wish I could join you... :lol:

I have heard of Publix Misa...but have never been in one. Sounds like it could be like Whole Foods (they have everything). We used to have a Mennonite grocery store on the coast that was fabulous...and that is where I used to get my stewing hens. They were big plump birds that yielded a rich brown broth. And their fresh sausages were to die for. Sadly they closed their doors. And another era gone. I miss having sister/sister days of shopping/eating etc. Hope your grandfather is still doing well!!

Have been taking to turning off the phone ringer for two hours in the afternoon so I can do what I want and not be interrupted. Maybe a wee bit selfish but need some time for me. And don't you know...it is all about MEEEEE! :lol:

Care for one another today!! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:17 am

i am excited to get the jacket but it will probably be a week before it arrives.

never had wine colored jacket glad you're all so positive about it.

i agree pattie maybe this week I'll turn off phone ☎ been getting scam call, and they ring me every 1\2 hour to hour they won't give up.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:15 am

I think you will be happier if you did turn off the ringer Judy! I sure enjoy the quiet.

We are expecting freezing rain this afternoon and overnight. I am supposed to go to Green Lake (1 1/2 hours away) tomorrow for spinning and not sure if I will make it. Will assess in the morning.

Have an awesome day! :-)