~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Gerry

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by Gerry » Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:51 pm

Clicks are in.

Noon and still feels like minus 25 but at least it's not overcast.

Great quote Patti. Your broth sounds wonderful, I have not had nor remember seeing Golden Chanterelles but if I ever manage extra city time will keep an eye out.

Got my second shingrex shot this morning so all done with that. Amazingly although I have serious allergies to most meds have never had so much as a sore arm with my shots. I have read many do get sick with the second but know others who did not. I do not expect to but will have a quiet afternoon and watch Saskatchewan curling game. Have soil dampened to sow my fav tall and fragrant nicotiana and some herbs. Will see how the day plays out.

“Don’t wait, the time will never be just right.” – Napoleon Hill

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:10 am

Clicks are in.

I was looking to see it warming while it's not overcast we are at a feels like minus 33 at nine this morning. Chilly.

Have a multitude of projects to choose from but there will be time set aside to watch the Brier finals this week, two of my favs will be competing, one is Saskatchewan!

Wishing everyone a great weekend.

"The beautiful thing about today is that you get to make it better than yesterday.*
Robin S Sharma

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:45 am

Clicks are in! :O3

Temps rising...only -2C this morning.

Have a mahhhhvellous day! :-)

“Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.” Ashley Smith

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:28 am

It is 3C this morning. Warming trend happening.

This quote is a wonderful analogy (as we both know!) :

“Storms make trees take deeper roots.” Dolly Parton

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:38 am

Clicks are in.

Did a fun read over at horoscopes seeing "Take today to give yourself a break" made for smiles as that is what I am going to do this afternoon ... The Brier! My two fav teams are on for the afternoon game, one being our new Saskatchewan team and Dunstone from Manitoba, both not only great curlers but awesome examples of sportsmanship. ( I did get up super early to get all the necessities taken care of to allow that to happen)

Still a chilly feels like minus 21 morning here, a warmer week is expected.

Your quote is so right on sure Patti! These days must see me firmly rooted ...

A quote that makes for a great start to the day.
"Yesterday ended last night, today is a brand-new day. And it’s ours”

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:53 am

Clicks are in.

While feels like minus 11 good news is we should see plus 4 today with much the same all week which is so much warmer than it has been. Sounds promising.

Many this mornings woke to a time change, I feel fortunate here in Saskatchewan we stay the same all year around. I really don't need a clock or a door bell my babies make early wake up calls and always at ready at the door before anyone gets a chance to to knock or ring the door bell!

Happy Sunday.

“Once you choose hope, anything’s possible.” -Christopher Reeve

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:53 am

It is Daylight Savings here! Wish we didn't!

“Four things to learn in life: To think clearly without hurry or confusion; To love everybody sincerely; To act in everything with the highest motives; To trust God unhesitatingly.” Helen Keller

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:04 am

I had a wonderful and peaceful Sunday! :-)

Dave's sister in law phoned Saturday to let me know that she found black mold in the basement. Made arrangements to go down today to deal with it. Then last evening she called and said that she needed to go back home (Kamloops) because she was having problems breathing. I could hear it in her voice. So her DH is coming up this morning to take her home. We decided to leave the black mold cleanup until the weather is warmer and we can open the windows. Probably a lot better way to deal with it!

“When I try, I fail. When I trust, He succeeds.” Corrie ten Boom

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:25 pm

Clicks are in.

Spring must be in the air as I seem to be in a serious 'spring cleaning' mode. Back issues see projects start then often interrupted and need to stop as it gets to "what are you thinking"

This weekend saw to the cold room shelves, finally see all canning jars arranged and just need to do do the canned goods. So many jars,so many lids!

Years back I was intrigued by the hanging baskets used for vegetables and such when in Arizonia and California, they are so handy in the coldroom to keep lids and such sorted to size for quick use (main canning supplies are kept in plastic containers and shelved elsewhere. Need a jar for salad dressing, spices or whatever the lid is easily found! Was very time consuming but great to catch up after the enforced slowdown. Made for a thank goodness it's done day.

You are wise to wait for "open window days' to get to that cleanup Patti and know you will take all the precautions.

“What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:49 am

What a great idea about using baskets in the cold room! My cold room is long and narrow...or I would be doing this. It is wall to wall shelves and all filled up. Yes...a good job done for you! :-)

We are expecting a day of rain!!!???!!! So we shall see...not raining yet.

Be happy this day! :-)

“Mother is a verb. It's something you do. Not just who you are.” Cheryl Lacey Donovan, The Ministry of Motherhood