~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Misa

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by Misa » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:50 pm

Sorry to have been quiet. First couple of weeks back to the routine at school are always tough. If anyone wants to send me snow, I’ll take a little. Stomach bug is starting to run through the school, so wouldn’t be bad if we all had to stay home for a day or two. Planning on meeting up with a couple of co-workers on Saturday to head to the big city close to us to check out a couple of Asian supermarkets and eat lunch. One of the ladies spent some time in Korea before settling back home to teach, so she makes a wonderful guide. I’m prowling through cookbooks to make a list of ingredients to hunt for.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:40 am

:lol: Clicks are in! :O3

I hope with the physio and exercises that you are growing stronger and getting some relief. This morning the temp is -6.6C (20.1F).

What a wonderful way to put your worries behind...to be with your friends on the culinary quest!! I want to come too Misa! :lol: Will be a ton o' fun for sure! Enjoy your day! :-)

Have an awesome day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:29 am

dr. appointment later. coos bay here I come. i used to enjoy foreign cooking good going misa. have a happy day.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:53 am

Clicks are in! :O3

Temps on the rise this morning...we are expecting some snow today.

Have a good one! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:18 pm

these are good, kinda addicting, once eat want some more. but I have no place to take them too.

https://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/ranch ... kers-31273

have a nice day

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:17 am

The recipe sounds good Judy! After you mix up the ingredients...do you lay them out on a sheet pan to dry, or do you leave them in the bowl? Is the end product crunchy? They would be a nice snack for the grandchildren. Thanks for posting!

Making borscht today. Use short ribs, sauerkraut, tomatoes, onions, dill, beef stock. This is a soup my DH's mother would make when he was growing up. Such a wonderful comfort food!

Make an exquisite day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:09 am

you leave in bowl. they will be greasy but upon sitting crackers absorbs oil. i think crunchy.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:45 am

Thanks for the info Judy! :-)

Made the borscht yesterday and let it sit overnight so the flavours meld. The traditional way of serving is to put a baked potato (split open) in the bottom of the bowl and ladle the soup over top. DH loves it that way. I don't like it that way...so i nix the potato all together.

Have a wonderous day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:33 pm

making swiss steak for tonights meal, a crock pot adaptation of one of my recipe s.

every once in a while I like pancakes and gravy my breakfast.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:25 am

I bet the swiss steak turned out wonderfully good Judy! I have not had it in years! And having the gravy on pancakes would be heavenly.

Have a terrific day! :-)