What kind of cook are you? (Poll)

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

What kind of cook are you?

Home Cook
62%
Chef
8%
Food Blogger
23%
Other...
8%

Total votes: 13

Gerry

Re: What kind of cook are you? (Poll)

Post by Gerry » Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:43 pm

A home cook here, love my time spent in the kitchen preparing meals for family and friends.These days for most part cook for one or two. As many here likely know I'm very family oriented and love planning and preparing the much loved holiday meals and our family gatherings. Aside from home cooking I was very involved in our community fund raising groups. Living in Saskatchewan no surprise I belonged to many volunteer community, school and church groups where we prepared and catered to 200 plate suppers, weddings, tea and bake sales, barbecues and many the booths at sports events. All desserts and baking were home made and donated by members in our volunteer groups. Huge roasters of main courses, scalloped potatoes and such were prepared in our kitchens. I attended a local supper this September and happy to say the community spirit and fund raising remains in place!

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:36 pm

RZ-Admin wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:51 pm
Bea,
I checked out your blog, these are very intriguing...
https://cookingglutenfreewithbea.blogsp ... cting.html
Just need to eat a jar of pickles to try this out. :)
Thanks for all you do here! Let me know if there are any changes you'd like to see. :)
Haha, those spuds are a favourite here…

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:14 am

I too am willing to help out with recipe approvals and what not. I did DM you but never received a response ;) It must be lost in zazz space. LOL

RZ-Admin
Site Admin

Post by RZ-Admin » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:15 pm

Thank you Bea. Sorry, I did not receive your DM. I'll message you now. :)

Sue

Post by Sue » Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:19 pm

I am a food blogger. The site is in my profile.

RZ-Admin
Site Admin

Post by RZ-Admin » Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:40 pm

Sue wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:19 pm
Sue, the images of the food you cook on your blog are very well done! Admittedly, I got pretty distracted by all the delicious looking dishes. ;)

Do you make money on your blog or do you just do it for fun? Do you get traffic to your blog by posting on RecipeZazz or what's your main reason for being on RecipeZazz? - Dave

Sue

Post by Sue » Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:01 pm

RZ-Admin wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:40 pm
Sue wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:19 pm
Sue, the images of the food you cook on your blog are very well done! Admittedly, I got pretty distracted by all the delicious looking dishes. ;)

Do you make money on your blog or do you just do it for fun? Do you get traffic to your blog by posting on RecipeZazz or what's your main reason for being on RecipeZazz? - Dave
Sorry if I missed seeing this post.

Yes, my blog is monetized.
Yes, it is fun. It's also much work. :lol: It is my passion and pastime. But as I told my family, "On my blog I am god." (goddess?) :lol:
I enjoy running the show. I am sure you understand the myriad reasons.

No, I do not get any noticeable traffic from here. I imagine you don't get much from me either, probably 3 clicks per month, somewhere around 375 over ten years. Zazz doesn't even show up as a referrer to Palatable. The host truncates the list. But I know there were at least a couple.

I visit for the same reasons I always have, for the last 12 years or so. I was one of the original members here. I know most members from our days at Recipezaar, for me going back to 2002. The gang is all over the place nowadays.
I do not consider my blog to be a competitor to this site or vice versa.

I would participate more if the forums were more active. You know how slow it can be.
I do plan to update some pix on my recipes when and if I get time and revisit them.
I used to play tag games a ton. And posted a lot of reviews and photos. I don't believe rules allow me to use my blog recipes in those tag games. Other sites have allowed offsite urls in the tag games. But no big deal.
However I do come here often, even if you don't see me post. I also visit a few of the other old stomping grounds.
New recipes posts from me may come now and then.
I may decide to shed some of my unposted blog recipes. I had intended to post more and reduce that, but every post takes way more time than putting it at an aggregator site. In the past year, I wanted to reduce from around 500 or so down to maybe 200. Instead it has grown to more than a thousand recipes and/or 110 gigs of content in waiting.

I cook a lot. And I don't ever plan to stop. They will pull me from the kitchen feet first! LOL!

I am not the only blogger that has posted here. And quite possibly, not the only blogger who still visits.
Karen Booth has posted a ton of good lookin' cookin' here. <3 I haven't talked to her in awhile. :(

RZ-Admin
Site Admin

Post by RZ-Admin » Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:29 pm

Thanks for stopping in and providing all that insight Sue. :)

Maybe we can have a chat one day about how we can work together and help each other out.

Post by 16123381 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:50 am

I am a professional chef and a cook, my specialties are to cook all kind of fishes like salmon, tune, trout, catfish, perch etc. If you need know how to fillet and cook fishes you can ask me.

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:36 pm

16123381 wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:50 am
I am a professional chef and a cook, my specialties are to cook all kind of fishes like salmon, tune, trout, catfish, perch etc. If you need know how to fillet and cook fishes you can ask me.
That is good to know!! I can't fillet fish very well. My fillet's always have too many bones in them. I usually leave that job for my husband, he is much better at it then I am. But don't tell him I said that :lol: :lol: