Ten Things You May Not Know

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Bergy

Re: Ten Things You May Not Know

Post by Bergy » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:39 pm

Mmmm Ten things- remember some of these go back a longway!!

1. I was one of only two female Life insurance sales people (1958) for Sun Life Canada. The other woman took over her husbands clients when he passed away. I won a trip to home office (Montreal) for the amount of Insurance sold in one year - however they didn't realize that I was female and had me booked in to share with a guy (Wow). They found out before the conference and as a result I had a private tour of home office with wonderful top execs. Sun Life had just started using computers for data. The computers were huge and took up a whole floor, sealed into a dustfree environment - we had to wear masks and white dusters to even enter the room.

2 I came 5th in a Shirley Temple look alike contest.

3. When I was vey young I wanted to be a garbage collector because people threw out such neat things-- Next on the list was a Vet. Instead I became a Physical Recreation Instructor in the RCAF

4 I love to throw appetizer parties serving perhaps 8-10 appies . An evening goes by very quickly and even with alcoholic drinks served no-one gets bombed

5. I love nature, watching things grow, animals in their environment. Unfortuneately I can no longer take long walks in the woods.

6. I quit school at grade ten and have never stopped taking courses of every kind - mostly directed at human behavior. I have many University courses behind me but no degrees just badges of determination. After my retirement from the Justice Institute as Deputy Director of the Corrections Academy I started my own consulting business doing many different workshope for a very varied group of people. I loved doing Humour in the workplace and Creative thinking.

7. I loved to travel and tried to took at least one trip to a new or loved place every year. Loved Mexico, England and Australia the most. Those days are behind me now but I have the memories.

8. I love and treasure my friends. There are so few left!

9.I was a founding member of the Creative Problem Solving Alumni Association.

10.I love hamburgers and Sunday Martinis ( but I guess you know that)

elsie

Post by elsie » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:15 pm

Gosh, I'm still thinking about this. :? You all are so interesting and I am just... so very boring. Really, I am! :lol:

Cilla

Post by Cilla » Wed May 01, 2013 12:48 pm

Oh My Goodness! :D

Cilla

Post by Cilla » Wed May 01, 2013 12:50 pm

Elsie wrote:Gosh, I'm still thinking about this. :? You all are so interesting and I am just... so very boring. Really, I am! :lol:
I bet there a lots of things that have happened to you and that you have done that all us would find interesting. :)

Deepster

Post by Deepster » Wed May 01, 2013 9:03 pm

It's become all clear to me, that in order to ever attack this one, I'm gonna have to have a few of Bergy's fine looking martinis :P

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Thu May 02, 2013 12:45 am

Deepster wrote:It's become all clear to me, that in order to ever attack this one, I'm gonna have to have a few of Bergy's fine looking martinis :P
Deepster - Time to come aboard and let us in on your unknown facts. I confused a lot!

elsie

Post by elsie » Thu May 02, 2013 10:41 am

:shock: :-??

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Sun May 05, 2013 9:27 am

#1 I like to collect and make historical recipes.
#2 I like to cook.
#3 - #10 I do not put personal info about myself on the web for others to exploit.

Mary

Post by Mary » Sun May 05, 2013 11:48 am

Shadows1 wrote:#1 I like to collect and make historical recipes.
#2 I like to cook.
#3 - #10 I do not put personal info about myself on the web for others to exploit.
Why not invent some (just to go with the spirit of the thread)?
3. Some of my recipes are fantastic.
4. All are good.
5. I love nice weather.
6. I enjoy my friends on Recipezazz.
7. Historical recipes give me a sense of what people in the past did in the kitchen.
8. Zazz lets me know what people in the present are doing.
9. Cruising the recipes here gives me ideas for my own recipes.
10. Whatever the question, there is an answer that "the shadow knows."

:) 8-) ;)

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Mon May 06, 2013 7:50 am

Mary wrote:
Shadows1 wrote:#1 I like to collect and make historical recipes.
#2 I like to cook.
Why not invent some (just to go with the spirit of the thread)?
3. Some of my recipes are fantastic.
4. All are good.
5. I love nice weather.
6. I enjoy my friends on Recipezazz.
7. Historical recipes give me a sense of what people in the past did in the kitchen.
8. Zazz lets me know what people in the present are doing.
9. Cruising the recipes here gives me ideas for my own recipes.
10. Whatever the question, there is an answer that "the shadow knows."

:) 8-) ;)

#11 I don't make things up.

That is part of the trouble with the web, you can't believe anything you read because folks make things up.