Menu Planning for the Week of June 9th through June 15th

Kchurchill5

Menu Planning for the Week of June 9th through June 15th

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:18 am

Another week already. Last week wasn't too bad. This week, I'm doing another week of really trying to use pantry and freezer items up. I will have to buy a few ingredients; but most of the stuff I have on hand.
------------------------------------------------------------
SAT ...
Grilled salmon on a cedar plank (basic seasoning; with a little added brown sugar to caramelize); zucchini, summer squash, and tomato casserole; grilled bread
----------
SUN ...
Soup Day: Tomato bisque (making it up as I go) / Bread Day: White ABM
Dinner: Creamy Shrimp and Grits; watermelon
----------
MON ...
Ladies #1 and #2: 8 Layer Meatloaf with a Potato Crust; Italian salad; bread
Soup and sandwich. A grilled portabello with cheese, tomato, onion, avocado, etc.
----------
TUES ...
Tilapia (something on the grill); also, grilled reds; and grilled asparagus
----------
WED ...
Lady #1 and #2: Soup ... A pot of chicken, corn and potato chowder (recipe to follow); grilled tomato, cheese, onions, portabello, and avocado sandwich; fruit
Me: 8 Layer Meatloaf with a Potato Crust; Italian salad; bread
----------
THURS ...
Lady #3: 8 Layer Meatloaf with a Potato Crust; Italian salad; bread
Me: Dinner: Leftover chicken from Fri, served w/gravy (actually a pkg mix, but adding wine and fresh herbs [got to use up some stuff]); scallion and mushroom rice; pan sauteed broccoli
----------
FRI ...
Lady #1 and #2: Card/Game night TBD.
Me: Out for seafood with friends; probably broasted oysters, squid, shrimp, etc.; chowder and beer; Happy Hour food; then back to play poker, watch a movie, and more cocktails, lol

Gerry

Re: Menu Planning for the Week of June 9th through June 15th

Post by Gerry » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:20 am

Your layered meatloaf sounds really good, another of the recipes I know we would enjoy - printed and into my recipe basket.

I never seem to manage a weekly plan but I do print out the recipes that catch my eye. My 'recipe basket' is for most part the inspiration for my weekly meals. We still do daily lunches and dinners and love variety, having a good eye for recipes found here at Zazz sees to great tasting meals!

From now on in will be sure to make this a daily stop. :D

HeatherFeather

Re: Menu Planning for the Week of June 9th through June 15th

Post by HeatherFeather » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:26 am

Everything sounds really good, kc, especially the meatloaf and salmon. Still thinking about my menu for this week.