Saucy Susan recipes?

Got a cooking question, tip or trick you would like to share? post here!
Forum rules
Attention! No posting of copyrighted recipes please. TY!
HeatherFeather

Saucy Susan recipes?

Post by HeatherFeather » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:02 am

Posted this on the recipe request board, but it never seems to get noticed (I think it might be too low down on the list) Anyway.. still hoping for some recipes using this product: Saucy Susan, a sweet glaze type sauce that comes in a few flavors, mainly Peach Apricot, a sweet orangey duck sauce, and a red glaze that I think is cherry.

I have never tried any of the Saucy Susan sauces, but I recently read a few threads on some forums about people who either loved it or hated it. Since I like to keep a sweet sauce on hand as a dip, I don't mind buying a jar to test it out, but I am intrigued by some of the uses people apparently had for it. I guess it was a big deal back in the 70s? I never heard of it before.

Anyway, one person mentioned adding it to shrimp and linguine - I guess it was like a sweet & sour lo mein type thing? I wonder if there was anything more to the recipe.

Others said they used it to glaze chicken or ham.

If anyone has used this product before and has any recipes (even if they are just vague versions), I would love to hear about them.

Mary

Re: Saucy Susan recipes?

Post by Mary » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:36 am

I've never heard of Saucy Susan either, Heather. Here's a site with a few suggestions to get you started though. The apricot zucchini bread sounds like a winner for your house!

http://www.alliedoldenglish.com/saucysu ... achapricot

HeatherFeather

Re: Saucy Susan recipes?

Post by HeatherFeather » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:13 am

Thanks, Mary. I never would have thought to add that sort of sauce to a bread - very unique idea.