Best Coffee Recipes?

Got a cooking question, tip or trick you would like to share? post here!
Forum rules
Attention! No posting of copyrighted recipes please. TY!
RZ-Admin
Site Admin

Best Coffee Recipes?

Post by RZ-Admin » Sun May 14, 2023 1:28 am

What coffee recipes are the best? Yes, I want your opinion. I don't care about some kind of technical definition of best, just what coffee recipes you like and why if you care to share. :)

Has anyone tried this #recipe33614 recipe? I don't typically have condensed milk. I think I'll try a variation of it.

Shadows1

Re: Best Coffee Recipes?

Post by Shadows1 » Sun May 14, 2023 10:18 am

My best coffee recipe is equal parts Brazil Bourbon Santos and Sumatra Mandeling beans in a grinder, grind for a drip coffee maker. Let drip maker do it's job and then drink black.
I don't do those sweet drinks.

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Sun May 14, 2023 10:41 am

Oh my goodness that Tres Leche Coffee sounds sinfully delicious!!! I think I gained 5 pounds reading the recipe :shock:

My favourite coffee is a mix of kahlua, vodka, whipping cream and of course coffee. I call it my white russian coffee. I usually have this after dinner on the weekends, but only in the summer months. For some reason it's not as appealing to me in the winter months.....

RZ-Admin
Site Admin

Post by RZ-Admin » Sun May 14, 2023 1:50 pm

Shadows1 wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 10:18 am
My best coffee recipe is equal parts Brazil Bourbon Santos and Sumatra Mandeling beans in a grinder, grind for a drip coffee maker. Let drip maker do it's job and then drink black.
Brazil Bourbon Santos is a type of coffee bean?

I prefer unsweetened as well. Where do you get your beans?

I have an espresso maker and don't really have a clue on how to buy the best beans.

RZ-Admin
Site Admin

Post by RZ-Admin » Sun May 14, 2023 1:53 pm

QueenBea wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 10:41 am
Oh my goodness that Tres Leche Coffee sounds sinfully delicious!!! I think I gained 5 pounds reading the recipe :shock:

My favourite coffee is a mix of kahlua, vodka, whipping cream and of course coffee. I call it my white russian coffee. I usually have this after dinner on the weekends, but only in the summer months. For some reason it's not as appealing to me in the winter months.....
That sounds pretty good too. Every morning I have a double cappuccino. I'd have 8 a day if my stomach could handle it.

Sue

Post by Sue » Mon May 15, 2023 9:18 am

RZ-Admin wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 1:50 pm

I have an espresso maker and don't really have a clue on how to buy the best beans.
The best way is to find a coffee shop that roasts their own beans. Then sample the coffee their barista makes and see what you like.

I prefer single origin African coffees. Dark roast fine grind for espresso.
This place ships but not sure where you are to see if they ship to you. I have been drinking their stuff for thirty years.
Boston Stoker dot com

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Mon May 15, 2023 10:01 am

RZ-Admin wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 1:50 pm
Shadows1 wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 10:18 am

Brazil Bourbon Santos is a type of bean as is the Sumatran, I use only French Roast.
I get my coffee from Greencastle Coffee Roasters http://greencastlecoffee.com/ and they ship but don't know the limits of their shipping. They have an amazing variety of coffees.

RZ-Admin
Site Admin

Post by RZ-Admin » Tue May 16, 2023 11:51 am

Thanks so much Sue & Shadows! :)

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Thu May 18, 2023 9:51 am

Did you know that adding 1/4 teaspoon salt to your coffee maker per 5 cups gives you some of the cleanest coffee you will ever taste. My grandfather ( god rest hie soul ) gave me this tip back in the late '70's. Everyone i have told this to agrees , the best!

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Thu May 18, 2023 6:07 pm

Shadows1 wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 9:51 am
Did you know that adding 1/4 teaspoon salt to your coffee maker per 5 cups gives you some of the cleanest coffee you will ever taste. My grandfather ( god rest hie soul ) gave me this tip back in the late '70's. Everyone i have told this to agrees , the best!
This is so true Lee. My niece worked at MacDonalds a few years ago and they added salt to their coffee..