Anybody try the new "Cooking Mode" button??

Got a cooking question, tip or trick you would like to share? post here!
Forum rules
Attention! No posting of copyrighted recipes please. TY!
Shadows1

Re: Anybody try the new "Cooking Mode" button??

Post by Shadows1 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:11 pm

I like it now that it pauses, I couldn't cook as fast as it was when first put up.

TeresaS

Re: Anybody try the new "Cooking Mode" button??

Post by TeresaS » Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:51 pm

I uploaded the same recipe on my desk top...iPhone...and iPad... #recipe24264

The desk top recipe (computerized voice) spoke the measurement in German...the iPhone and iPad spoke them in a language I didn't recognize...all three had a very strong accent...hard to understand...

Even with the larger print I still had to scroll down the recipe... on both my iPhone and iPad...I don't use my desk top while cooking...to be honest...I've only used my iPhone a few times while cooking to check a recipe for a possible missed ingredient or cooking temp/time...

I'm old fashion and print out my tags/recipes...I note a ton of information on the printed form...where tagged....date tagged...serve with...down sizing/up sizing amounts...likes/disliked...subs made...etc...you can't do that on the iPhone nor the iPad...

I keep the printed copies of the recipes that I would make again...if it's a one time only enjoyment...and I'm not planning to make again...I toss the paper in the recycle bin...

So the answer to your question...I won't be using the "cooking mode" button...but that's just me...