Gluten free Roast Chicken

Looking for a specific recipe? ask here someone will be along ASAP to help you out!
Tisme

Gluten free Roast Chicken

Post by Tisme » Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:27 pm

Anyone have a good recipe for roast chicken & stuffing please, it need's to be G.F. and relatively easy please.

QueenBea

Re: Gluten free Roast Chicken

Post by QueenBea » Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:16 am

Hiya Tis,

To make gluten-free stuffing follow the same recipe you would for regular stuffing but use gluten free bread or buns, just use a little less liquid as it absorbs more than wheat bread and can become soggy.
Or you could make this stuffing recipe using gluten-free bread or buns. #recipe2587 It is always a hit.
Also, this chicken and stuffing recipe works great with the French Canadian stuffing I listed here. Instead of using a stuffing mix that I have listed in the recipe. (So avoid step 3 and stuff with the French Canadian stuffing) #recipe39699
I hope that helps.

Tisme

Post by Tisme » Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:57 pm

Thanks Bea,
I think I will try Roasted Stuffed Chicken, although I forgot to mention they cannot eat onions or garlic either. :?
So I will have to get my thinking cap on for a substitute for the onion and garlic.
Thanks so much.

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:44 pm

You could add garlic or shallot infused oil. The flavour transfers into the oil but the garlic and shallots which are not oil-soluble do not transfer. So you get all the flavour without the stomach upset.

Tisme

Post by Tisme » Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:23 pm

Thanks Bea, but I believe they cannot even digest anything even flavored.
I actually asked the flavor infused oil question last year.
I did get some G.F. bread and bought some leeks for flavor, and a fiddle around using your Roast Chicken recipe as a base, it should work! Hey.... What can go wrong! lol
It can only be dry and tasteless, but I have plenty of bubbly to ply them with beforehand.....
Just as a back up plan. :lol: :lol:
Thanks for the info Bea, fingers crossed!

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:28 pm

Tisme wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:23 pm
Thanks Bea, but I believe they cannot even digest anything even flavored.
I actually asked the flavor infused oil question last year.
I did get some G.F. bread and bought some leeks for flavor, and a fiddle around using your Roast Chicken recipe as a base, it should work! Hey.... What can go wrong! lol
It can only be dry and tasteless, but I have plenty of bubbly to ply them with beforehand.....
Just as a back up plan. :lol: :lol:
Thanks for the info Bea, fingers crossed!
Wow, I can't imagine not being able to have garlic or onion... That sux, :o I feel for them and for you having to try to make it tasty, lol. But I'm sure you will make it delicious! My granddaughter and I both have many food allergies. Neither of us can tolerate garlic or onion but we can have the infused oils, thank goodness 8-)