Mushroom type salad

Looking for a specific recipe? ask here someone will be along ASAP to help you out!
Tisme

Mushroom type salad

Post by Tisme » Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:22 am

Hi everyone, I am hoping someone here can help me.
A friend many years ago who came from Germany to Australia, used to make a mushroom salad, which I loved.
I am not sure if the recipe came from Germany or it was a recipe she found here in Australia.
From what I remember it she used canned mushrooms and I think it was as creamy type salad, but not sure. I think a couple of times, I am sure it had peas in it.
She was more of a friend of my sisters and every year at Christmas or New Year she would bring this. It was a very easy salad to make and was made from canned mushrooms, she told me, and gave me the recipe which I have lost, but has since passed. I have asked my sister, but she has given me what she thinks is the recipe, but I am not sure it is it.

Hoping someone can help.
Thanks so much,
Deb

Sue

Re: Mushroom type salad

Post by Sue » Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:49 pm

Typical German salads might include sour cream, lemon juice, dill, parsley, salt, pepper and marinate along with mushrooms and peas.
Non-pareil capers sound good to me too.

Tisme

Post by Tisme » Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:01 am

Thanks Sue, all I remember is it was canned mushrooms, I don't think sour cream, because I really like it, and I am not a fan of sour cream, so i think I would not of liked it with sour cream.
I do remember she told me it took very little time to make, and only had about 3 of 4 ingredients. :?

Sue

Post by Sue » Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:33 am

There is a recipe on a German website called "Erbsen Pils Salat" which has mushrooms, onions, peas, vinegar and oil, salt and pepper. Very basic looking. Onions look cooked and not raw.

Tisme

Post by Tisme » Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:14 am

Thanks so much Sue, but I don't think this is it, although I was thinking maybe tinned butter mushrooms could have been used.