Thanksgiving 2022

Moderator: Gerry

WhatamIgonnaeatnext?

Re: Thanksgiving 2022

Post by WhatamIgonnaeatnext? » Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:44 pm

Gerry, those are some great looking dishes. That bread must get eaten quickly. Our holidays have always been pot luck. We will for sure have turkey, corn, mashed potatoes, Ramen noodle salad, etc.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:22 pm

Good to see you stop by whatamIgoingtoeatnext, I suspect turkey is a traditional favorite on both sides of the border. Be sure to drop by in November and share your Thanksgiving choices. I like that these threads find holiday recipes just a click away and also like to add new to me recipes, admittedly that is easier to do when having a bigger gathering.

The new to our holiday dinner this year Bergy's stuffing/dressing which got the thumbs up from everyone and we all loved daughter's Honey Sheet Pan Carrots which saw to recipe requests. And yes I had my turkey and dressing sandwich topped with cranberries the following day and lunch today the hot turkey sandwich with gravy and cranberries on the side!

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:04 am

As noted Canadian Thanksgiving at our house this year not the numbers as pre 2020 but we followed through with our family traditions and enjoyed the weekend of family time.

All the pre holiday planning and news programing for this November Thursday has this Canadian almost tasting that turkey! Come the US holiday thinking to turkey and dressing, the past few years I have been making a mini Thanksgiving on the November weekend at our house.

Unable to find a small turkey I am making one of our favorites #recipe2372

Super easy start to the day I will make fresh light and fluffy bread or rolls in the bread maker, a must make at our house, #recipe127

A city shop will see to making one of my favorite appetizers #recipe123

With the shortage of lettuce on the grocery shelves I will add #recipe2201 to round out the table

And cole slaw if available, it too has been missing from the shelves the last two weeks when shopping - #recipe2722

If that fails I have found I love the bagged Sweet Kale mix. And yes will be checking out recipes for that delicious salad. I have a Poppy Seed Dressing I am sure will go well with the Kale.

Had a wonderful carrot crop of sweet orange and yellow carrots, if my shop has me find some green beans or asparagus will add #recipe124

Today will see to a fresh pot of #recipe1960 A pot in my lower level is a given, the aroma wafting up to greet those coming in the door is very welcoming. Times it has disappointed the youngsters if sweet surprises are not found cooling in the kitchen!

The news this morning is finding people are traveling for this Thanksgiving, a record-breaking number are expected to travel for this year's Thanksgiving holiday. That will see kitchens around the country busy preparing and hosting, overflowing tables and best of all the gathering of family and friends.

If anyone is still needing recipe ideas for your holiday meals be sure to scroll through 'Thanksgiving 2022' here in the Potluck Forum.

Wishing everyone celebrating a very Happy Thanksgiving.