Easter 2024

Moderator: Gerry

Gerry

Easter 2024

Post by Gerry » Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:47 pm

Looking forward to celebrating Easter with my family as we have always done, this year circumstances as they are we have decided we will gather at daughter's house to make it easier for those needing and recovering from surgery. Will be planning menus this weekend.
For starters I am including the link from our 2023 Easter, other links are there as well.

viewtopic.php?f=142&t=15486

While I have a turkey in the freezer I found an awesome Easter ham which will be our Easter Sunday main. This year we have decided to use pineapple juice instead of the orange juice.

Our favourite ham recipe is our aptly named Holiday Ham.

#recipe8741

To ease things we are thinking to having everything prepared and on serving platters served cold. I always think planing is the fun part of the holiday and also sees things run smoothly.

Looking to see members drop in and share their favourite holiday recipes. :)

What are you making?

Gerry

Re: Easter 2024

Post by Gerry » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:23 pm

Plan to add a family favourite to our Easter weekend meals #recipe2372, a delicious rosemary and orange flavoured roast chicken that is not only delicious but makes for great presentation.

DESSERTS
Like to have some make ahead holiday desserts on hand that are freezer friendly. This year one that gets requested for Easter sweet ending is Lemon Meringue Pie. Will be making up Madame Benoit's flakey no fail pasty #recipe7166 with shells ready to bake and fill.

Another great make ahead is #recipe2808, the easy to make base that freezes well seeing it ready to fill. I am told the strawberries at the market are lush and sweet which is a plus. This elegant fruit looking fruit torte is a marvellous dessert that impresses and never fails to please.

Then there is the all time favourite #recipe30589

APPETIZERS
When it comes to appetizers #recipe41965 has become a given for special occasion gatherings. Baked Brie a real winner of an appetizer, has become one of our favourite appetizers especially at holiday time. I really need to get a photo this weekend.

When it comes to appetizers the vegetable tray is a must make at our house. I have yet to decide on the dips. Love prepping the veggies on this white divided server.

What are you making?

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:12 pm

This mornings grocery delivery saw most of the ingredients needed available. I was pleased to see I have all that is required for the dips that my family and I love at holiday time.

I am making the dip used in the #recipe20938 which is a real winner at our house.

As well another dip favoured on special occasions #recipe20911 one that never sees to leftovers. Both work well as a vegetable dip or served with assorted crackers. Hopefully we manage to get some photos for these two.

Once again I had a hard time finding Easter egg dye this year, happy to find it was available in my morning delivery. That reminded me to share #recipe30462 I was hesitant and admittedly a bit skeptical until a family member made the eggs. An absolute winner, quick, easy cooking, super easy peeling and yes perfect eggs each and every time!

#recipe30462

I decided to bake a few dainties to have on hand for the dainty tray. Super easy to make #recipe3099 a delectable dainty is from an old family cookbook. Love these squares, taste great, the base always has me think to the delicate buttery taste of shortbread cookies, Sees to many recipe requests and a plus is look appealing on the serving tray.

Another oldie is Butter Tart Squares, as I have been doing this past while is cutting back the sugar in the older recipes, here is is only me that is finding the older recipes on the sweet side. Have to love this one 'Butter Tarts' without filling tart shells.

#recipe7866

Do stop by and share some of your favourite Easter recipes.

What are you making?

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:00 pm

Had a lovely Easter, still enjoying the beautiful fragrant bouquet of daffodils from my youngest gran. The Easter Sunday Service one that touched the heart. There were Easter calls, messages, along with plans for next weekend from those unable to be here for our gathering.

Wishing all who celebrate a very Happy Easter.

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:46 pm

Happy Easter to you also Gerry.