Great Deals

Share your tips and ideas on making the most of meals!
Dissie

Great Deals

Post by Dissie » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:44 pm

I know that I overspent but I got some wonderful deals today and doubt I need to go back to the grocery store for over a month! :D
A small grocery chain here, Murfins, had a massive meat sale. I stocked up! I got 20 pounds of bacon for $27.98. That's $1.39 a pound. Its the thick sliced bacon too! It was $13.99 a box of 10 pounds, so of course I got 2.
I got 2 large rump roasts at $1.79 a pound! I also got 8 pounds of breaded chicken patties for $12.99. (easy meal nights) 12 pounds of ground chuck for $20. 2 tubes of sausage for $1.69 each, hot dogs (oscar mayer 2 for $1.99), 5 pounds of ham, had them deli slice 2 1/2 pounds for sandwiches and I chunked the rest up for soups. Kielbasa was 2 for $4.00. I think thats about the bulk of it. But I got an amazing deal on the bacon! We have bacon coming out our ears! :lol: I brought it home and had to section it out in 1 pound bags for the freezer. It came in a big ole box of 10 pounds.
I already had pork chops and chicken in the freezer, so now we are set to settle in for the winter! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh and dh thinks I am nuts, but Dillons had hunts tomatoes on sale for .49 a can. I got 50 cans of assorted! He just don't get it! When its that cheap you stock up! They also had canned tuna on sale, chicken of the sea, 2 for $1. So had to get some of those too! :lol:

HeatherFeather

Re: Great Deals

Post by HeatherFeather » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:17 pm

I love it when I get a great deal on meat, since that is one of the bigger hits to my food budget. Twice a year a local store has a major clearance event and I go there to load up on meat for my freezer. It means very few meat purchases throughout the year, and I don't even spend a lot up front because the sale is that good.

Your bacon purchase was really great!