~*~ So What's On Your Holiday Menus This Year? ~*~

Moderators: Kchurchill5, LindasBusyKitchen

Kchurchill5

Re: ~*~ So What's On Your Holiday Menus This Year? ~*~

Post by Kchurchill5 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:59 pm

I will be cooking for all 3 ladies; and, one of my friends ... so a few parties; but, I am not attending. Just me and my son; and he works evenings. I will hit a couple of parties however.

Sue

Post by Sue » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:02 pm

I've got some lobster tails for Christmas Eve, haven't decided how I might like those. We usually do meatballs too, but I have already done two batches for the blog. Bill mentioned wanting tamales. I thought maybe breakfast tamales with eggs on the side sounded nice for the morning.
My ideas usually aren't carved in stone until 2-3 days before, even if I have guests. I've changed my mind too many times to be that certain. Too many good things to cook! Not enough time.

Chef shapeweaver

Post by Chef shapeweaver » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:10 pm

For mine and SO's Christmas Dinner we will be having:
#recipe6049
Baked Sweet Potatoes with butter,brown sugar and cinnamon
#recipe10523
#recipe6215
Store bought brown & serve dinner rolls
and a Sara Lee Apple Pie w/Cool Whip .
New's Eve:
Probably nachos made with some of the
leftover pork.

Shar Pei

Post by Shar Pei » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:17 pm

Sounds like a good old fashioned Southern Christmas meal Chef S. Enjoy! Sue, yours sounds like a wonderful choice too.

I am making Prime rib, mashed potatoes, gravy, butternut squash, coleslaw, hot buttered rolls, cranberry sauce, pickles, olives, stuffed celery with cream cheese and olives and Sangria with lots of fresh fruit to drink.

Desserts will be chocolate silk pie, banana cream pie, coconut cream pie, with banana bread, cranberry bread and date nut bread and whipped cream cheese. It will be enjoyed by the 18 of us this year.

Tonight for Christmas Eve we are just having Firecracker Shrimp with sweet chili sauce and chips and dip. Easy but good!

Merry Christmas everyone!

LindasBusyKitchen

Post by LindasBusyKitchen » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:54 pm

We ended up having Chinese food for Christmas day. It was very good, well what I had of it. The middle of 2 crab rangoons, 1 chicken teriyaki and 3 small shrimp. I love my new sleeve. Sure will be saving on the groceries!