4 Food Friends and Fun

Check here often for all our current and upcoming events
QueenBea

4 Food Friends and Fun

Post by QueenBea » Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:45 pm

Hello Fellow Zazzites.

We would like to let you know about another great community that a few of our members are also a part of. Like us, they offer fun events and recipe tag games where a lot of our recipes are offered to be made and reviewed. This great community is called 4 Food Friends and Fun and you can find them HERE at their forum.

NELady

Re: 4 Food Friends and Fun

Post by NELady » Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:36 pm

It is a great forum and the tagging games/events are fun there, too!

Sue

Post by Sue » Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:10 pm

I'll play tag games here if I am given the opportunity to use my blog posts here (as they do over there). Let me know about that.
I won't be going there to play tag games. I would prefer playing here, if at all.

RZ-Admin
Site Admin

Post by RZ-Admin » Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:45 pm

Newbie question: Are posting a review on the recipe you cook a requirement of the tag games?

What's the most fun part of the tag games?

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:28 pm

RZ-Admin wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:45 pm
Newbie question: Are posting a review on the recipe you cook a requirement of the tag games?

What's the most fun part of the tag games?
Yes Dave, you are required to post a review on the recipe you tag at the tag games.
I guess everyone has a different reason why they like the tag games. For me, it's about trying new recipes and the friendships made along the way. And of course, I like seeing what others have to say about my recipes.

How about you guys?? What's your favourite part of the tag games?

RZ-Admin
Site Admin

Post by RZ-Admin » Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:42 pm

Sue wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:10 pm
I'll play tag games here if I am given the opportunity to use my blog posts here (as they do over there). Let me know about that.
I won't be going there to play tag games. I would prefer playing here, if at all.
Hi Sue - How would members review your recipes if your blog is the recipe source that's tagged?

I'm not opposed to including food bloggers & links to their pages. I'm just wondering about how that works for members playing the games. Do they want to have it all on one site so they don't have to login to multiple sites to post reviews? Do they want the reviews they post to accumulate on Zazz so they can easily look up recipes they've reviewed & liked?

I'd like to figure out a way that Zazz can help food bloggers succeed while also fostering an amazing experience for Zazz members.

NELady

Post by NELady » Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:38 pm

Why I like tag games/events: I cook for my family of 4 EVERY DAY (and more than once a day on weekends, school holidays, and summer!). We don't eat out often and my kids think I'm the most horrible, uncool mom in the world because I insist we eat dinner together at a table if possible. But figuring out WHAT to cook every day gets tedious and old and I get into a rut of making spaghetti one night and tacos the next and back and forth until the end of time.

Tagging games help me find new recipes, vary my menu and provides me with a shopping list so I can order an online grocery pickup and avoid the store for the most part. For me, it's convenient and affordable.

And sometimes my kids will help me pick out recipes -- and sometimes they help me cook them! Which I think is a huge bonus!

Plus, you can meet really nice people playing the games. I look forward to checking the forums and seeing what other people have posted. I've never experienced (or read) anyone being anything other than welcoming and wonderful. You can play as much or as little as you want, which makes the games great for busy times.

JostLori

Post by JostLori » Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:26 pm

The main reason I like to play the tag games is that I LOVE to cook! Since it's just the two of us, it can get pretty boring making the same things over and over. The tag games allow me to see what others are making, what they like about a recipe, the tweaks they make, and how they rate. Sure, I can get that on any recipe site. BUT, equally important is the relationships that are made at Food Friends & Fun. I count these folks as good friends. We share what's going on in our lives - both good and bad. Sometimes when I'm not on the forum for awhile, I'll get an email. Friends checking to make sure I'm ok. I've even met a few in person! The games encourage us to post new recipes - many of them here on Recipezazz - that fit the theme of the game. The reason I'll continue on Food, Friends & Fun is that you can play with recipes posted at any site that allows a review, including our own recipe blogs (if we have one!).

Sue

Post by Sue » Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:01 pm

RZ-Admin wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:42 pm
Sue wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:10 pm
Hi Sue - How would members review your recipes if your blog is the recipe source that's tagged?

I'm not opposed to including food bloggers & links to their pages. I'm just wondering about how that works for members playing the games. Do they want to have it all on one site so they don't have to login to multiple sites to post reviews? Do they want the reviews they post to accumulate on Zazz so they can easily look up recipes they've reviewed & liked?

I'd like to figure out a way that Zazz can help food bloggers succeed while also fostering an amazing experience for Zazz members.
As far as multiple sites, the link clicks are the same and there is no logging in on my site. Comments and ratings can be made anonymously.
My recipe cards have a star rating section and I also have a place for comments at the bottom of the page.
Comments are moderated so there may be a short delay. There are people who post very inappropriate things so I have to hawk that. I'd rather firewall that stuff than have it appear, offend the members then remove it after.
Comments can also be made on Pinterest posts. And those can be saved to their accounts. I also have a recipe box that can link posts to their accounts on Just a Pinch where I see many members from here.

Sue

Post by Sue » Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:19 pm

I like tag games because I like to interact with members.
It's a lot of fun. And always a joy to choose a recipe and also to have a recipe chosen.

I also enjoy creative events, such as World Tour and Ready Set Cook. I think Bergy loved them as much as I did. Some of us have that creative itch.
Hopefully someday that will happen again.

Food dot blew up their forums like a bug bomb and the members scattered to the four winds.
I think everyone has fond memories of the good old days at Recipezaar.
Personally, I think it could be remade if someone had the means to do it. Not there.
Here.
Not an easy task. But certainly a noble task.