What's For Dinner?-April 2012

Not sure what to make for dinner? Find out what member's have on their menu for tonight, it's a great way to pick up meal ideas
Ninner

Re: What's For Dinner?-April 2012

Post by Ninner » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:14 pm

Afternoon,

Early this morning I made mac & cheese with ham plus homemade rolls this I will serve with a salad. I have apple pie/ice cream, peanut butter cookies & butter tarts made fresh at the bakery this morning.

Then off to do errands which are now completed. Still have to finish up the taxes which are due for postmark Tuesday. That I should have completed by tomorrow morning. Will be glad to see the back of them!!!!!

Church, your dinner out tonight sounds very nice. I wish we had things like that here. Really how hard can it be? Plus live music.

Denise have a great weekend with your friends.

Felix4067

Post by Felix4067 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:00 pm

By the time I finally got out of work, and Dan finally got there to pick me up, and we finally stopped sitting in the parking lot talking and actually drove somewhere...Steak and Shake. :lol:

BUT...if you have Steak and Shake where you live, and you have not yet had their Nutter Butter milkshake, GO GET ONE! NOW! I mean it! Holy good god...it's almost orgasmic. :D Image

Felix4067

Post by Felix4067 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:14 am

Today I've got a local university's graduation, thus it is 7:15am and I have already been at work for a while. They feed us, and it's usually chili with salad, bread, and cookies or brownies for dessert. Rinse and repeat for tomorrow, with another local university. You know your school is too big when you can't hold your graduation ceremony in your fieldhouse, but have to rent out the 10,893 seat arena. :lol:

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:21 am

Morning Everyone!

A new recipe. Greek macaroni and cheese with havarti, feta, sundried tomatoes, spinach, and olives; a grilled pork chop marinated in a greek marinate. My own mix of a little red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, olive oil and Greek seasoning. It is more like a paste. I will make 2 chops (1 for the freezer; 1 for dinner). The other chop may be perfect in a wrap sandwich next week.

Hope Everyone Has a Great Weekend!

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:26 am

Nin, dinner last night was good.
Great BBQ as always. We went early to avoid the crowds and glad we did, it was packed when we left. Only 1 guys was playing, but it still was fantastic. Some of the best pulled pork and chicken around. And you can watch them making the salads and everything right there, so you know everything is fresh.

Smoky spud salad is the best. Smoked onions and potatoes, tossed with the normal celery, mayo, eggs etc. is really good.

Ninner

Post by Ninner » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:54 am

Felix, I went to Dd's university graduation which was held in a convention center. 900 students & it started on time. Took close to 5hrs. Dd went to a very large university & I could not understand why they could not have the ceremony of home ground?

Church, The post chops sound nice. I find I have to marinate so much meat today.

Your dinner also sounds good. When I am down south there are so many places that I eat that offer a fun atmosphere. I do not understand why we can not have such dinning here? I love the idea of the salads being made on the spot plus I have never had smokey potato salad. I think Racrgal is still holing my pilot hostage?

Tonight we have placed a reservation for Italian. Making the reservation last night instead of today. It is still to be confirmed for 10 so I am not holding my breath.

A panic here last night at 7pm. Major accident in Alberta where Dd is. The trouble was that The boy was headed south to see her at the time of this accident. 6 killed 3 airlifted last time I checked. Only HWY south & his timing for leaving work was right at that time. Did not know what to do so eventually phoned Dd to see if she had heard from The Boy & yes she had. Wanted to know how I knew what had happened? I said that it is the World of technology & I should not have to point that out to her. It was on the News as an interruption to regular programming.

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:33 am

Our university was very large and had graduation on the football field, but it was totally packed!

I agree Nin, I love a relaxed outdoor simple dinner like that. There is a reason why it is packed week after week.
And NO line to go through, you actually sit down and they take your order. All the pork and chicken are pre smoked with a general marinade and when you order, you get your choice of a white sauce, traditional or Carolina or mustard type of sauce. Then they bring you your platter within 5 minutes along with serving utensils and plates. Then you go up to get your own salads, corn bread, corn etc and drinks. More chicken just ask, they bring you more. It makes for a nice relaxed nice night out

Bad car crash, and scary. Especially with your daughter just have been in one.

Enjoy your evening out! I'm doing my mac and cheese and chops on the grill, since the weather is perfect. Hopefully NO unforeseen afternoon showers, lol.

Felix4067

Post by Felix4067 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:33 am

The graduation we're doing today is actually two ceremonies...and it's not all of their students. They've had three other ones this week (one in our symphony hall, which seats 2400). Each student is allowed two tickets, so unless they can get extras from someone else, their entire families can't come. Each one takes about three hours.

Tomorrow will be a cake walk compared to today! :lol: It's a much smaller university, and they do only one ceremony here.

Ninner

Post by Ninner » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:44 am

How I would have "loved" to be there for dinner plus the price was so very good!

Talking about University. Dd is going for her MBA. Now she can cut it down to two years if she gets a good mark on the required exam prior to going in. We are talking at least a 4 point average to get to a well known university. The cost for this is $30,000 & the second year is not classes but co-op work. This does not include books or living in residence. I just can't believe the cost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes the accident. I was wondering if I would be flying again? If something had happened to The Boy I would have had to be on the next flight out.

Have not heard about dinner reservation yet as it is still early. I already know what I am ordering. I really should try something else on the menu.

Ninner

Post by Ninner » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:53 am

Felix the graduation that I went to for Dd was for the stragglers in the summer. So it was a small group??? Dd did not wish to go as she has not finished her university education but then she has graduated from a 4 yr. course with a degree. Momma wanted to go just in case in the future it does not happen!

I was also given two tickets. My goodness was it boring at close to 5hrs. but still glad I attended. I was very proud for the 10 seconds she had on stag, lol.