What's For Dinner!-January 2012

Not sure what to make for dinner? Find out what member's have on their menu for tonight, it's a great way to pick up meal ideas
muffinlady

Re: What's For Dinner!-January 2012

Post by muffinlady » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:10 pm

A friend envited me over to her house to play phaze10 and train dominoes. so did not have time to make kilbasa and potatoes last night so changed mind and am making

http://www.food.com/recipe/polish-appetizer-146022

I know it is an appetizer but I often make appetizer for dinner and think of something else to go with it. I like to try out new things I will see what this is like. Unfortunatly on reading another recipe I thought I had to cook 7 hours this only cooks 2 so I started way too early. I will compansate and not start the crock pot for a while. :lol: Though I guess I will have to refrigerate inbetween times.

Felix4067

Post by Felix4067 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:02 am

I'm working (doing the real loadin for the opera), so probably a burger and fries since there are VERY few places open on Sunday around here. Considering how money-hungry most of the restaurant owners are, you wouldn't think they'd let the appearance of being religious stand in the way of the money they could make if they opened on Sundays, but apparently not.

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:06 am

Morning Everyone ... I was entertaining until 2am last night, so I'm dead today. Too much wine and food. Luckily just some cleaning today, so I can take my time.

Today ...
Soup Day: Potato soup of some kind, no recipe / Bread Day: White Bread

Dinner: Classic mac and cheese w/ham and broccoli (both freezer stash) cracker crumb topping, (elbow, basic cheese sauce w/2-3 cheeses - swiss, monterey jack and cheddar, and baked); tomatoes fresh from my friends garden, picked yesterday

I also have some baked olives from last night that will be lunch over a crostini

Denise

Post by Denise » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:08 am

Gosh, I have NO idea. I think we're going to the beach today, so probably will eat somewhere on the island.

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:50 am

Morning Everyone ... where did the weekend go?
Nin, I hope you are healing up.

Lady #1 and #2: They're eating together and asked for a "steakhouse dinner."
Steak with a coffee spice rub; creamed ;spinach made with just heavy cream, spinach and parm; baked spud halves with the usual toppings, sour cream, bacon and cheese.

Me: Off to work after I cook for the girls. I'm just taking soup and bread that I made yesterday, veggies with a home made ranch dip

Denise

Post by Denise » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:01 pm

I'm still deciding - I know it will be Italian sausage, tomatoes and rigatoni, but trying to decide if I should add a bit if neufchatel and make it creamy. Definitely cheesy garlic bread and some Cabernet :lol:

Felix4067

Post by Felix4067 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:06 pm

I find it ridiculously unfair that even when I work, if I'm home at dinner time I am expected to cook it. Granted, I don't know what she does all day when I'm not here, but I can guarantee the house hasn't been picked up or cleaned, the dishes haven't been done, and nothing looks or smells any different than it did when I left this morning...and I know for a certain fact she has been here all day.

So...since we normally eat right now, I'm online instead of cooking. Trying to make a point. In about a half hour she'll ask what I was planning on making for dinner, I will tell her I had a huge lunch so I'm not hungry and I've really very tired (I am...I may be in bed by 8pm), and she will have to forage for herself.

Sorry. I'm just over it.

Denise

Post by Denise » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:17 pm

Felix4067 wrote:I find it ridiculously unfair that even when I work, if I'm home at dinner time I am expected to cook it. Granted, I don't know what she does all day when I'm not here, but I can guarantee the house hasn't been picked up or cleaned, the dishes haven't been done, and nothing looks or smells any different than it did when I left this morning...and I know for a certain fact she has been here all day.

So...since we normally eat right now, I'm online instead of cooking. Trying to make a point. In about a half hour she'll ask what I was planning on making for dinner, I will tell her I had a huge lunch so I'm not hungry and I've really very tired (I am...I may be in bed by 8pm), and she will have to forage for herself.

Sorry. I'm just over it.
I would be WAY over it. I don't work and there is no way in HELL that I would allow Dave to come home and not have a fresh dinner waiting for him. I even wait to eat until he gets home at 8:20 so that we can eat together. I don't blame you a bit and honestly, I don't think DH would be too pleased to come home to no dinner :lol:

Felix4067

Post by Felix4067 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:25 pm

Thank you, Denise! 99% of the time I don't care that I am the only one who cooks. But today is a 1% day. :lol:

I won, by the way. She waited until a few minutes ago, and then went out and started reheating the leftover Singapore Chicken for both of us.

Felix4067

Post by Felix4067 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:38 am

Oh boy! It's 6:36am and I've already been awake for almost an hour! Bah. Working a one-day show of Rock of Ages about 60 miles from home today. With any luck at all, I'll be able to convince the woman I'm riding with to go to the fabulous Chinese place near the theatre for dinner. Maybe I'll offer to buy, that should do the trick!