What's For Dinner-December 2011

Not sure what to make for dinner? Find out what member's have on their menu for tonight, it's a great way to pick up meal ideas
Denise

Re: What's For Dinner-December 2011

Post by Denise » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:41 am

Ninner, the island is Isla Mujeres. You have to take a ferry from Cancun to get there, it's about 20 minutes. This is the one I liked as it is right on the best beach and it's within walking distance of all the restaurants and shopping.

http://www.privilegehotels.com/

And of course, the ferry runs every hour or something like that, so you can hop over to Cancun as well.

I think she just went by Pauline something? I can't remember?

Denise

Post by Denise » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:45 am

Oh, and this is the resort we stayed at in Cancun - http://www.realresorts.com/Gran-Caribe-Real/

I would like to stay at the Riu Palace next time, although I think we're canceling our trip altogether next year due to my Dad's health. We had planned to go here in Tulum in April, don't think it's going to happen until 2013.

http://www.dreamsresorts.com/dretu/

Edit to add - We also looked at staying at this resort on Isla - http://www.palaceresorts.com/islamujerespalace/

Felix4067

Post by Felix4067 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:07 pm

I am glad to hear I'm not the only one with a cooler full of stuff outside! I remember one year it was only 10-15 degrees outside for a week, so I carried some frozen chicken breasts in a cooler in the trunk of my car for a few days! :lol:

Hockey game tonight, so I'm making my own dinner out of the neverending quest to reduce the leftovers and/or stuff in the fridge that's about to die. I have a plan. Honey-butter biscuit sandwiches with fried egg, bacon and cheese. Yogurt. And for dessert, the last piece of pumpkin spice cake.

I put 14 dozen cookies in the freezer last night, leaving about four dozen on the counter (along with two half-loaves of bread), and after having given away 22 dozen. :lol:

MaMere

Post by MaMere » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:19 pm

Hoping tonight will be either a Cod Dinner at the Moose, or, a really nice, big salad.
My tummies "over" the sweet, salty, rich foods

Ninner

Post by Ninner » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:24 pm

Church, I remember the 1st time I had a shooter was at Paradise Island. There was a lady carrying them around at $2 a shot. The next time I saw them was at a Boys & Girls shower. I don't think Dh likes buying them for me as I might go off the deep end after having just one. Men????

Thanks Denise! I have run off all the recommended hotels. Plus I would like to keep them for myself. I did keep the "name" of the Island in my computer the 1st time you mentioned it. I thought it was such a fun thing to do plus add a gold cart & Dh will be happy to. Then you said I could go shopping & some nice restaurants. Well I was convinced that this is a place I wish to go!!!

Felix, I would so love to try your cookies & bread. You are such a "baking machine".

Denise

Post by Denise » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:32 pm

Ninner wrote:Church, I remember the 1st time I had a shooter was at Paradise Island. There was a lady carrying them around at $2 a shot. The next time I saw them was at a Boys & Girls shower. I don't think Dh likes buying them for me as I might go off the deep end after having just one. Men????

Thanks Denise! I have run off all the recommended hotels. Plus I would like to keep them for myself. I did keep the "name" of the Island in my computer the 1st time you mentioned it. I thought it was such a fun thing to do plus add a gold cart & Dh will be happy to. Then you said I could go shopping & some nice restaurants. Well I was convinced that this is a place I wish to go!!!

Felix, I would so love to try your cookies & bread. You are such a "baking machine".
Ninner, keep in mind that it's not "fancy" - there is no Macy's :lol: But very authentic, much more so than Cancun. You can always fancy shop in Cancun.

Laury

Post by Laury » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:30 pm

Tonight is frozen pizza night unless he decides to buy us something else.

Ninner

Post by Ninner » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:04 pm

Denise, just forgot to mention that I have stayed at a number of RUIs. The one in the Dominican Republic/Punta Cana was fabulous!!!! The one in Jamaica sucked. Not totally but the restaurants were less then inviting. So they can all be different & I do not understand why?

Oh I will have no problem with less then fancy. Us Canadians have rarely found a "Macy's". I am one of the few. Then again add Dd to that list. Music, a cold drink & food. Add to that warm weather & I will be thrilled!

I really find the idea of an Island with a rented golf cart to be wonderful. Plus the fact you have already done it. Then I can shop & eat. What more could I need????

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:10 am

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE EVERYONE!

Busy Day. Made most of the food for the party I am catering today. Been up since 5am finishing the rest. Everything is done. Now I just have to drop it off around 10. Then I'm off to pick up my oysters from the fish mart.

Then off to my friends party to spend a few hours, doing some horseback riding, fishing and enjoy lots of good food. Back home to relax a and then I'm either heading back to my friends for 11pm fireworks (they live in the country), and they are legal; then a toast at midnight.
Or ...
If my g/f decides to stop over, we will watch the ball go down here on TV, also out my back porch I can usually see the fireworks that a local development puts on.

Either way, it will a nice day.
Everyone have a wonderful New Years Eve!!! Lets Welcome 2012!

Ninner

Post by Ninner » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:43 am

Happy New Years Eve & Good Morning Church,

We are ready for our party at 9pm & will serve dinner at 10pm. Sent Dh to the store yesterday for a few last items. He said it was a mad house so I was very glad I did not have to go.

The temp here is 38.8F which is good for this time of year. Plus the ice is now gone which makes me happy. Our big snowman has taken a fall, lol.

Not much to do today but be lazy. I plan on heading to the library soon which I hope will be open? It will be closed for many days next week so I need to go today.

Have a wonderful evening everyone. Wish you all the best in 2012.