What WAS on Your Plate & WHAT'S for Dinner 11/11-11/12

Not sure what to make for dinner? Find out what member's have on their menu for tonight, it's a great way to pick up meal ideas
Kchurchill5

Re: What WAS on Your Plate & WHAT'S for Dinner 11/11-11/12

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:55 am

Sounds good Lovin. You know hot roast beef sammies was one thing I never could understand. And, I know I am SO IN THE MINORITY. All my friends love them. I never could figure out spuds on bread with gravy and beef.

I know, shoot me know. My friends think I am crazy. They make the same with meatloaf and turkey too. Never got it LOL!!!
I'm not a soggy bread gal; if it is soggy, NO way. That's probably my one food phobia - soggy bread!!! You can laugh now!!!

But, my friends would be so jealous of that sandwich. Now, the peppers; I'm so over that.

The party is set up all 9 tents; lanterns, pinatas, food tent, fire pit. Even a pool with sand to make sand castles. For kids from the tip of ME and AK; they should enjoy the perfect weather here.
I just get to sit back and watch for once.

FYI, stuffed peppers always seem to get better with time; sort of like most Italian foods.

lovinretirement

Re: What WAS on Your Plate & WHAT'S for Dinner 11/11-11/12

Post by lovinretirement » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:12 pm

Kchurchill5 wrote:Sounds good Lovin. You know hot roast beef sammies was one thing I never could understand. And, I know I am SO IN THE MINORITY. All my friends love them. I never could figure out spuds on bread with gravy and beef.

I know, shoot me know. My friends think I am crazy. They make the same with meatloaf and turkey too. Never got it LOL!!!
I'm not a soggy bread gal; if it is soggy, NO way. That's probably my one food phobia - soggy bread!!! You can laugh now!!!

But, my friends would be so jealous of that sandwich. Now, the peppers; I'm so over that.

The party is set up all 9 tents; lanterns, pinatas, food tent, fire pit. Even a pool with sand to make sand castles. For kids from the tip of ME and AK; they should enjoy the perfect weather here.
I just get to sit back and watch for once.

FYI, stuffed peppers always seem to get better with time; sort of like most Italian foods.
You don't put the potatoes on the bread. You make the hot sandwich with regular bread, cut the sandwich in half and separate the sandwich halves on the plate and put the mashed potatoes inbetween the two sandwich halves. Then pour gravy over the whole thing and eat it with a fork and knife.