Canned Creamed Corn question

Got a cooking question, tip or trick you would like to share? post here!
Forum rules
Attention! No posting of copyrighted recipes please. TY!
FoodieWife

Re: Canned Creamed Corn question

Post by FoodieWife » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:39 am

I like the flavor but the texture is to runny I rarely serve it as a side dish because of that reason it's more like a soup! :o but it makes a great addition to other foods, I love it in cornbread though, stews, soups and lots more :)

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:05 pm

Something I have done before which works really well. Add to a food processor along with a small shallot and puree. You can even use green chilies too if you like a Mex type of flavor.

Puree. Transfer to a small pot, along with just a SMALL amount of butter, s/p and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5-10 minutes. DELISH!!

If you don't want to use a food processor. Add directly to the pot and use an immersion blender. Same result.

It will thicken up and have a great flavor. You can add fresh herbs or anything you want.

To make it decadent ... add a splash of heavy cream. Then add a little to a plate; and serve with a grilled sliced chicken breast over the top and drizzle with a balsamic glaze. It is absolutely delicious.
Cheap and easy too.

Another way to prepare it; and it is still really good.

Sue

Post by Sue » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:07 pm

Has he ever tried polenta? That is kind of like cream corn in a twisted way.

Maybe you could melt some cheddar or parmesan into it.

Maybe serve it over buttermilk biscuits with a side of bacon? It is kind of like gravy.

Just talking off the top of my head.