2017 What Are You Reading

Gerry

2017 What Are You Reading

Post by Gerry » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:06 pm

After adding two book reviews this past week realized it might be best to start a new thread for 2017. Once again too much happening at my house this past year didn't see to all that many book reviews on my part. That is about to change!

I am looking forward to our members sharing their favourite reads here at our 'What Are You Reading Forum :)

Gerry

Re: 2017 What Are You Reading

Post by Gerry » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:26 pm

Being an animal lover as well as knowing Katt Bratt has written both fiction and non fiction I pre ordered her new book which was just released. (Thanks to Bookbub)

‘In her first work of contemporary fiction Wish Me Home, bestselling author Kay Bratt draws on her own life experiences to create an inescapably warm, novel about friendship and a wary heart’s unexpected capacity to love'

‘A hungry, stray dog is the last thing Cara Butter needs. Stranded in Georgia with only her backpack and a few dwindling dollars, she already has too much baggage. After a lifetime of family troubles, and bouncing from one foster home to another, Cara decides to leave it all behind and strike out alone—on foot.’ That is until a stray dog follows her, although barely able to provide enough food for herself he becomes her traveling companion.

For most part I read non fiction but when I saw this new release offered on Bookbub I knew I had to order it! Just into the first chapters and for me it is already a page turner.

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:33 pm

Wife is currently reading that one Gerry. Just finished "Between You and Me" by Lisa Hall about spousal abuse, that is all I am going to tell you because of the surprise ending.
It did keep me reading long into the night.

59chevymom

Post by 59chevymom » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:13 pm

Right now I'm reading The Lose Your Belly Diet: Change Your Gut, Change Your Life by Travis Stork from the Doctors TV show, I really needs to take off some weight :?

Sandram

Post by Sandram » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:26 pm

Reading The Couple Next Door
A suspense about a young couple and their apparently friendly neighbors—a twisty, rollercoaster ride of lies, betrayal and the secrets between husbands and wives. . :o :D It has some good twists, one of the better books I've read in a while.

elleLee

Post by elleLee » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:42 pm

HOW NOT TO DIE

I have only started it and it's quite interesting, it's about Foods Scientifically Proven to Prevent and Reverse Disease.
From the physician behind the wildly popular website NutritionFacts.org, How Not to Die reveals the groundbreaking scientific evidence behind the only diet that can prevent and reverse many of the causes of disease-related death.

NightBaker

Post by NightBaker » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:41 pm

The Vanishing Year, by Kate Moretti (Author)

It's a suspense, excellent story and great writer

lovinretirement

Post by lovinretirement » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:19 am

I have 3 of Kay Bratt's books, The Bridge, Chasing China, and Silent Tears. Heartbreaking, but also encouraging.
I love light, funny cozy murder mysteries. My favorite author in that genre is Steve Demaree, especially his Dekker Cozy Mystery Series. Suspenseful, but the character is very funny, also.
My favorite female suspense author is Terri Blackstock.

TXChick

Post by TXChick » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:36 am

A Dog's Purpose It's about Bailey, a dog who tries to find what his purpose is in life and all the trials and training he has to go through to understand just what that purpose is, it's an an excellent book and I highly recommend it.!

ellie

Post by ellie » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:41 am

I am currently reading At The End of the World by Larence Millman -- nonfiction about a series of murders that occurred in the Arctic in 1941 -- it is interesting but slow going.

Just finished The Married Girls by Diney Costellol -- fast moving but it covers three different families at the end of World War II that are intertwined - takes place in England.

Next on my list is The Dry by Jane Harper.

I usually read about 2 books a month so I usually get kindle books ordered from the library.