What's For Dinner?-May 2012

Not sure what to make for dinner? Find out what member's have on their menu for tonight, it's a great way to pick up meal ideas
Galley_Wench

Re: What's For Dinner?-May 2012

Post by Galley_Wench » Sat May 12, 2012 3:58 pm

Ninner wrote:Happy Saturday Everyone.

The weather is nice here but we do have rain moving in this evening. Pool is being opened today & the pool guys will continue into Sunday to complete the job.

Received a card from Dd not to be opened till Mother's Day.

Galley, nice that you can keep the place in the mountains for the summers. You are leaving for a month? Where are you headed?

Felix, still in your Pj's you lazy girl. Then that is why they call it a vacation.

Dinner?? Well due to the nice weather everyone want to eat on a patio? So that is being discussed. I will go where ever there is food & drinks, lol.

I did make some pork shish kabobs this morning/marinating plus a spicy rice with many vegs. plus asparagus of course.

Church must still be having problems with Comcast?
Would love to sell the mountain house, but market's not good yet for second homes so might just as well enjoy it! Weather starting to warm up here . . . 94 today, and by next week we're suppose to be 101!

We're driving to North Carolina for grand daughter's high school graduation in June: visiting family along the way. We're flying from North Carolina to meet up with friends in Granada for two weeks sailing, then flying back to N.C. just in time for graduation and birthday!

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sat May 12, 2012 4:05 pm

I posted ...but where did it go?

I went to an afternoon BBQ at a friends. I took antipasto kabobs on mini wood skewers with tomatoes, mozz balls, salami cubes, artichoke hearts and olives. A mix, every skewer wAs different. Marinated for 4 hours in a balsamic dressing (store bought; I ran out of time and had no balsamic), I used a store bought, added fresh herbs and garlic.

I also made a white bean dip with lots of roasted garlic, onion and home made pita chips with fresh herbs.

Just got home. Just down the street. I would of stayed longer but ex showed up. Sort of ruins the party.

Heading back in a couple of hours for dessert. Taking care of 2 neighbor dogs, so need to walk and feed.

FYI, I'm stuffed with all the food. Enough for 2 dinners. Deish!!

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sat May 12, 2012 4:06 pm

I think I'm skipping dinner!

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sat May 12, 2012 4:08 pm

GW, what a great trip! Have fun and travel safe. Sounds wonderful.

Ninner

Post by Ninner » Sun May 13, 2012 9:13 am

Happy Mother's Day,

Galley, your two trips sound like fun. Hopefully your mountain home will sell during this season.

Church, I find that often posts here do not post but just hang. You must wait to see that your post goes through. Ine thing I can tell you is this has nothing to do with you Comcast problems.

Well it is raining here & the pool opening will continue today. Looks like a green pond at the moment. I am off to the Garden Centre to pick up my cooking plants.

Due to the weather everyone came here last night & brought side dishes/desserts. My pork skewers & spicy rice were a nice addition. We ended up eating outside on the back patio after all, as the rain did not start till shortly after 1am.

Dinner tonight is cottage pie topped with mashed potatoes & a salad.

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sun May 13, 2012 9:24 am

Morning All!

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY EVERYONE

Up early as always ... unfortunately. But made my Mom's favorite breakfast, poached egg over toast. I got this fantastic dark grained artismal type of bread from the grocery store that was so good. A poached egg, cup of coffee and Bloody Mary. That was Mom loved for Mothers Day. Drank my coffee, read the paper on the porch on a cloudy but nice morning.

Today, partly cloudy, chance of rain, warm 88, but breezy, so the house is open and I love it. I don't mind the heat during the day with the house open; but at night I have been running the AC the last week, but on 82. Just enough so it isn't sticky. This week looks to be a bit cooler and very nice.

Dinner:
In honor of Mom. One of her favorite meals.
- Stir fry of shrimp, red, yellow and green peppers, mushrooms, zucchini and summer squash. Quick saute or stir fry then add white wine, broth, fresh herbs and a pinch of red pepper. Tossed with thin spaghetti or angel hair pasta.
- On the side, fresh sliced strawberries.
- Glass of cab

Sounds like a nice night Nin. I am planting a few baskets today as well. and doing some edging if my foot holds out. I need to put some weed killer down.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Mothers Day whatever your plans may be!

Ninner

Post by Ninner » Sun May 13, 2012 9:34 am

Happy Mother's Day Church. The bread sounds nice. Now a Bloody Mary would be nice. Here it is always a Blood Caesar more of a Canadian thing. If down south at Christmas I always order a Bloody Mary with my morning coffee because I can. Of course there is never any Caesar/clam juice available.

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sun May 13, 2012 9:56 am

I love a Bloody Mary Caesar. I have made them often.
It was tasty!!

Ninner

Post by Ninner » Sun May 13, 2012 11:18 am

I find them less acidic so you can have a couple. Back from the Garden Center which surprising was not to busy. They had some lovely mixed herb posts. I would have purchased one for my Mother if she was here.

Felix4067

Post by Felix4067 » Sun May 13, 2012 12:46 pm

Last night we ended up going out for steamed clams and calimari, with a bottle of wine. Tonight...I got nothin' again. But then it's still morning and we've just finished breakfast. This time change thing is truly messing with me. :lol: