Looking to cook a few things

Sue

Looking to cook a few things

Post by Sue » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:14 pm

And if you have some suggestions for what to do with some items I will sure give them a look. I'll make a list- I am not looking for every item in one recipe, just looking to use things up.
This is your chance to blow your horn and maybe get a review and photo out of it too.

I have:
frozen chicken leg quarters
about 1 cup frozen cranberries
frozen puree of winter squash

I am duly prepared to be WOWed! 8-)
~s

Chef shapeweaver

Re: Looking to cook a few things

Post by Chef shapeweaver » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:21 pm

Hi Sue,
Here are some recipes that I've tried:
Lisa's Favorite Fried Chicken
Bill's Deep South Fried Chicken

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:59 pm

This is one of my favorite cranberry recipes. I can't even tell you where I got this ... It has been around for years. I just never posted because it is on so many sites these days. It is a delicious starter, snack food; light lunch; I love it on a Sunday afternoon with a glass of wine.
I usually will take a bag (fresh or frozen) and make a basic sauce; then use some on a turkey sandwich; maybe with some roast chicken, and the rest for this.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Warm ... rry-Spread
----------------------

My second another NON post; but easy.

Chop cranberries, green onions, and saute. Then toss with goat cheese. Stuff a chicken breast. Mix bread crumbs and crushed walnuts together. Dredge the chicken in flour, egg, then the bread crumbs; Pan saute, finish in the oven.

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:06 pm

Chicken quarters (4)

Season well with s/p, 1/2 cup flour, and a good all purpose seasoning at least 1 tablespoon or more (not a steak seasoning)
Saute in a mix of butter, s/p until golden brown
Remove chicken, and add 6 slices of bacon, 1 1/2 large onions, 6 cloves garlic (minced), and saute until tender, and the bacon is crisp.
Add 1 cup beer, 1 cup broth, 1/4 cup white wine, fresh thyme; add the chicken back in, season lightly with more salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer (uncovered) for 45 minutes until falling apart.

Garnish with fresh scallions and parsley.
Serve over mashed spuds

Easy comfort food!

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:15 pm

Winter Squash ... one of my faves.

Ravioli with wontons.

Add a little ricotta, parm, s/p, nutmeg and the squash. Fill, and ready to go. You can add a little thyme too. But I serve it with a brown butter and sage.

Absolutely delicious!

My other ravorite is dumplings. Ricotta, bread crumbs, squash, and seasoning. Mix and boil in soup or water to add to a pasta dish.

Try quesadillas, spread with squash then has been sauteed with garlic and onion. Top with provolone cheese, and plenty of satued crimini mushrooms and sage. Delicious and easy. Diced apples are also really good with this; or sauteed spinach and kale. I make that often.

MakeItGood

Post by MakeItGood » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:32 pm

How about this only using chicken instead of the pork roast

http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/slowco ... -roast-456

Sue

Post by Sue » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:02 pm

There IS a catch to this. ;)
Whatever suggestions you have you gotta' post it to the database. 8-)

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:46 pm

They are all to be posted. But having issues with posting recipes right now. NOT ENOUGH PERMISSIONS. DERF and I have had similar issues. It is being worked on. But all are on the list; I just haven't been able to get them on.

Sue

Post by Sue » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:24 pm

I wonder if it's a browser incompatability?
I loaded a ton yesterday and I was on Chrome. Don't know if that helps, but if there's a way around that error, that would be cool.

Sue

Post by Sue » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:25 pm

Oh and the stuff is in the freezer so there's no deadline. At least if I get recipes made before frozen food goes bad, which I have a while with these.