Cupcakes - Cow decorated

Looking for a specific recipe? ask here someone will be along ASAP to help you out!
Shadows1

Cupcakes - Cow decorated

Post by Shadows1 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:54 pm

My one grandaughter turns 2 this month and my wife is looking for cupcakes decorated like a cow ( GD's favorite animal ). The party is on a local farm that does harvest parties ( they charge to much for their cakes ).
Anyone have recipe for cupcakes and how to decorate them to look like a cow?
Please point us in the right direction.
Thanks in advance.

Felix4067

Re: Cupcakes - Cow decorated

Post by Felix4067 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:51 pm

If you want chocolate, I can't say enough good things about Kittencal's Chocolate Fantasy Layer Cake. For cupcakes, I'd fill the cups 2/3 full and bake for 20 or so minutes instead of 30, and test with a toothpick.

From there, your options are limited only by your artistic ability. Me, I can't draw (especially with frosting), so I would probably place the cupcakes on a tray in the shape of a cow, then frost them as if it was one solid cake. Use vanilla and chocolate frosting to make spots, and add some food colouring to the vanilla for the nose.

Like this:

If you have artistic ability, then either do individual cupcakes to look like a cow's face, or lay down a base of whatever flavour frosting you want and draw cows on each one. For ideas there, do a Google image search for "cow cupcakes" and you'll get more ideas than you probably wanted. :lol:

HeatherFeather

Post by HeatherFeather » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:33 pm

I thought these looked adorable and very do-able:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/29746212@N02/3601181196

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:55 pm

Thanks folks! I will show these ideas to my wife when she gets home tonight.

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:40 am

Shadows here isa page of different cow cakes

http://www.coolest-birthday-cakes.com/b ... cture.html

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:45 am

Felix4067 wrote:If you want chocolate, I can't say enough good things about Kittencal's Chocolate Fantasy Layer Cake. For cupcakes, I'd fill the cups 2/3 full and bake for 20 or so minutes instead of 30, and test with a toothpick.

From there, your options are limited only by your artistic ability. Me, I can't draw (especially with frosting), so I would probably place the cupcakes on a tray in the shape of a cow, then frost them as if it was one solid cake. Use vanilla and chocolate frosting to make spots, and add some food colouring to the vanilla for the nose.

Like this:

If you have artistic ability, then either do individual cupcakes to look like a cow's face, or lay down a base of whatever flavour frosting you want and draw cows on each one. For ideas there, do a Google image search for "cow cupcakes" and you'll get more ideas than you probably wanted. :lol:

such a lovely and yummy cake..i'll surely love to have it :D

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:13 am

Award winning decorating. Thanks for sharing