I'm going on to a new site

A unique and special online gallery where you can post your food photos as well as view other member's food photos, come and chat with our hosts for photo tips and advice

Moderators: Derf, Bergy, QueenBea

Bergy

I'm going on to a new site

Post by Bergy » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:05 pm

I'm having a very senior moment try to find my wy around this new (not site) Not really a new site but a whole new approach to get it to do what I want it to do
PLEASE BEAR WITH ME

WhatamIgonnaeatnext?

Re: I'm going on to a new site

Post by WhatamIgonnaeatnext? » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:04 pm

Well let me tell ya; you don't have to be a senior for that to happen!

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:55 am

Thanks - that felt justlike a hug!!! I am not alone in the wilderness!!

Tisme

Post by Tisme » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:11 am

Sending you the biggest hug....
UMMMMMM... WAIT....
Who are you again? :lol:

Bergy that goes on with me every day.
I blame it on the kids.... 28 and 30..... :lol:

ImPat

Post by ImPat » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:26 am

I'm officially a senior (63 years old/young) but have to admit my biggest problem is since they changed the advance search engine and as much as I try cannot define the search as well as I could with the previous one but haven't found anything I am comfortable with and really don't want to have to transfer my treasured recipes once again and as far as the last one or the original site which I jointed in 2012 I cannot even get on to it any more as it will not accept my password and when I could get in it would freeze up on me and had to pull the plug on my system to shut down and then reboot so will not even go there now. Bergy I really hope you stay around and well I am here to talk to as I am sure there are others to help when needed.

Pat

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:13 am

Pat I know your frustration with the search - I have never been able to get it ti work! Please do not disapper I always look forward to your posts
The ne site I am getting on to is only a new photo transfer site and it is actually the same one "imgur" but they have updated and my mind has not updated but I will catch up!!! imgur is really super and once you've got it it is very easy to use!
One thing to try is to change your password - it won't solve all your frustrations but may help a bit.
My excuse is I'm 89 and can't be expected to function on cur!! Ho Ho

Sue

Post by Sue » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:03 pm

Pat try using the google advanced search (if I may drop this link here)
you can switch out the site.

Basically put in quotes "ImPat" and the words you want "hamburger"

put "or" between optional words like
bun or bread

put a minus sign in front of stuff you don't want on that burger or appearing on the page such as -chocolate
and for the site
site:www.recipezazz.com
and you can switch the site or leave the site off if you want to search the entire web

But here is a form for all of the stuff boolean search does:
https://www.google.ca/advanced_search

Sue

Post by Sue » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:05 pm

Here's what it looks like with just burgers from Zazz

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22ImPa ... e&ie=UTF-8

ImPat

Post by ImPat » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:52 pm

Bergy wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:13 am
Pat I know your frustration with the search - I have never been able to get it ti work! Please do not disapper I always look forward to your posts
The ne site I am getting on to is only a new photo transfer site and it is actually the same one "imgur" but they have updated and my mind has not updated but I will catch up!!! imgur is really super and once you've got it it is very easy to use!
One thing to try is to change your password - it won't solve all your frustrations but may help a bit.
My excuse is I'm 89 and can't be expected to function on cur!! Ho Ho
I have an IMGUR account but just over 12 months ago I could no longer use the advanced editing on my PC and I they admitted they were having this problem but as far as I know have not fixed it so I do what I need to do in a program that is already on my system and can post photos to the recipes here in ZAZZ from the PC but not to the forums so I use IMGUR by uploading from my PC and then upload to the forum using their copy link but I can upload to tapatalk and FF&F straight from my PC. When I last use IMGUR I still could not use their advanced editing on my PC. Refuse to go back to using PHOTOBUCKET as they will not support third party transfers unless you pay which at the time I felt was HIGHWAY ROBBERY on their part even people who were already paying had to go to a higher level so they could get all the operations that they already had.

Pat

Sue

Post by Sue » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:09 pm

Pat have you thought about using the Blogger platform to put your pictures online?
Just make a post with a title and the photo in it. It's very much like posting to a forum.
Then you can right click and get the url to post here.
And the best part is it's free.