Fresh Tomato Basil Linguine

Do you have a recipe that you have made from this site that you think is extra special and deserves some extra exposure, then post it here and tell everyone why!
Strictly for recipes you have tried personally and would like to recommend to the community.
LindasBusyKitchen

Post by LindasBusyKitchen » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:29 pm

When I made this I thought, "This is a simple, quick pasta dish that sounds pretty good". When I took my first bite I thought, "Wow, is this ever delicious"! The sauce had wonderful fresh flavors going on, and I couldn't shovel it in fast enough LOL

This recipe doesn't cost a lot to make, and is so delicious, I may have to make it again this week! Make sure you use fresh tomatoes and basil, for the flavors to pop in your mouth. Try it, you will make it again and again!!!

http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/fresh- ... l-linguine

Cheetosandchocolate

Re: Fresh Tomato Basil Linguine

Post by Cheetosandchocolate » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:51 pm

Looks good I just saved it.

Engrossed

Post by Engrossed » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:19 am

Oh wow, just found this. You made my day with your review, and now you've done it again with this. What you wrote is my thoughts exactly about this recipe. I love it and wish more people would try it. Thank you so much!

Denise

Post by Denise » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:10 pm

I didn't even look at this recipe until now because I thought it was just a pasta dish, and I make something similar all summer. Love the addition of the grilled chicken, I'm hoping to make this when it warms up a bit. :shock:

LindasBusyKitchen

Post by LindasBusyKitchen » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:36 am

This is a very special recipe and I hope lots of people try it... Amazingly delish! Don't wait till summer.... It's delicious in the winter too! :)

Denise

Post by Denise » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:45 pm

LindasBusyKitchen wrote:This is a very special recipe and I hope lots of people try it... Amazingly delish! Don't wait till summer.... It's delicious in the winter too! :)
I won't wait until summer, I use those Campari tomatoes in winter and they are awesome. And I live in the South, summer will be here before you know it :lol:

Marion_in_Savannah

Post by Marion_in_Savannah » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:23 pm

I'm DROOLING! This recipe has certainly been added to my favorites, and I'll be trying it as soon as I can get my hands on some good summer tomatoes and my basil pops up. (Seeing as we were able to sit outside after I got home from work this afternoon, without sweaters, it shouldn't be too long...)

KittenCal

Post by KittenCal » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:16 pm

yowzers that looks scrumptious Linda!!!

LindasBusyKitchen

Post by LindasBusyKitchen » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:44 am

Kittencal wrote:yowzers that looks scrumptious Linda!!!
Kit, you have got to try it... I could eat this every week!

Derf

Post by Derf » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:29 pm

Engrossed has given us probably the best , most flavourful and easy Pasta dish on the site, it mades a wonderful base , alone or with seafood, chicken or other meat additions it is a fresh and delightful meal.