~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

muffinlady

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by muffinlady » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:19 pm

wish Halloween 🎃 was more of a holiday. usually no kids trick or treat the road i live on.
dont like scary movies but usually there is something good on tv or ill watch a DVD.

went over past posts.it is amazing how many dont show up when i click on new posts.

my SIL is coming tentatively on 31st when i have neurologist appointment. nothing serious just three month appointment.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:05 am

Clicks are in! :O3

How wonderful your SIL is coming Judy! Hope your brother is doing well! And your neurologist appointment will be all clear! :-)

We had so much fun at the Spin In yesterday! The women were fantastic, the food was amazing and the fiber venues were specatacular! They had a dyeing demo also. Heading home today...after we visit a friend in hospital and do a Costco run. Another long long day...but a happy one.

Make a sensational Sunday! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:57 am

Cosco you can find some fantastic buys. a few overpriced but certainly worthwhile.

so glad your having fun spinning.

i ask about my brother but on e-mail she mainly answer s 1 question at a time and i have much to ask.so not all answered. no matter shes still special.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:24 pm

Had a couple of unexpected trips to the city with sister in law, once the necessities accomplished we like to include a quick fun stop at one of the thirft shops and do lunch. It's been so hectic this fall as well being near October end concerns with harvest it was great to enjoy some relax away time.

This weekend sees to boxes of tomatoes ripening in the garage, sorted through and made a pot of spicy roasted tomato soup, had a bag of coleslaw needing to be used so made Dot's cabbage and potato soup. Come winter months a bowl of these hearty soups make for a great lunch. Also made sauce and salsa. Will have to glean recipes for more ideas as still a number of boxes to go. I love having them still ripening for toasted tomato sandwiches.

Curling started this week but I didn't get to watch all that many of the games, last nights games fantastic curling , this afternoon's men's finals see my all time fav and one fantastic 24 year old initally from Regina (half an hour down the road) curling for the tournament win. I will have to sit back, cheer for both and enjoy good curling,

Hope your appointment goes well Judy, it's always good to know your doctors see to check ups to assure all is as it should be. Looking to hear more of the spinning adventure and the hot air balloons! Wishing everyone a happy and healthy week.

Misa

Post by Misa » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:16 pm

Afraid not much to report on the balloons - It's been a rough weekend all around. The weather was very windy yesterday; in fact 7 semi trucks were overturned on the interstate due to winds, so no balloons yesterday. I have been hit with several bits of bad news yesterday: our music teacher's brother passed away as well as a baby brother of one of the students in the classroom next to mine -although I've not had her in my class, I'm very familiar with this little girl. My grandfather was admitted to the hospital. I've been on the edge of getting sick since Friday, and I had anxiety/panic attack late last night. So I'm staying home and missing the balloons today. I ran a few errands and that's been pushing it, I believe. :( If it wasn't so difficult to book and prep for a sub tomorrow, I would just stay home - but that's just more stress, and I don't need any more of that. Oh well. Sorry to be the bummer today, ladies.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:57 am

Oh Misa...what a wringer! It is a lot at one time! Kind of hard to deal with each one individually. Will be keeping you held in prayer and our hearts are with YOU dear one! You will come through this trial. Please try to keep a smiling heart! :X

Ah...curling season! Happy to hear that you got to see a few games that you were able to fit in between tomato marathons! You amaze me Gerry...with your energizer bunny get up and go!

Judy...has your SIL decided if she is coming to visit? Then you will get all your questions answered about your brother.

Will write about the Spin In tomorrow.

Make a beauteous day! :-)

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:26 am

What a stressful weekend for you Misa, I am so sorry to hear your grandfather is in the hospital and the losses at your school. Far wonder you are feeling unwell and experiencing anxiety. I hope all goes well for your grandfather. Thinking of you and sending gentle hugs. Judy I hope your sister in law manages to visit and that apppointment goes well.

Somehow I missed your Saturday post Patti, both nurse Ratched and galug had me think back to a time when there were only two choices for an emergency heart surgery B.C or Ontario. We choose Victoia one awesome hospital and great accomadations at Heart House. Complications saw to a much longer stay and a move. I choose another accomadation near the hospital over a good hotel which was basically accross town. All dificult when you are two proviences away from home.

While I spent morning til closing time at the hopital it was unreal. Found myself sharing a room with a mini fridge and counter ... ONE dish cloth and tea towel and one small towel allowed, that changed when I saw the dish cloth being used to wipe the floor. That had me wonder about my towel, getting a clean dishcloth was difficult enough, no towels at the grocery I picked up a roll of paper towels. Worse yet a room change made while gone leaving my food unfridgerated and too scared to go out at night I had the choice of a juice box and a can of soda for a late supper. Yes rules and more rules as well, suffice to say come the billing I did not leave a tip. Time has me now look back and chuckle as I think nurse Ratched and galug and reminds me not to sweat the small stuff.

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:36 pm

gerry never seen curling tournament i bet id like it. sounds as though you had hotel blues
keep safe misa you don't need any more stress, you're busy enough with stress at school
look forward to hearing about your spinning Pattie

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:09 am

Oh Gerry...we do have a time when travelling don't we. Always something...always interesting.

At spinning they had 7 fiber vendors there with a lady doing a dyeing demo. I am not into that...so sat, spun and listened. I bought 400g of Romney (my favvy to spin) in variegated shades of black, grey and white. It is lovely. I saw a spun up skein and it is very strong and the colours are lovely. And I had a lady from Kamloops bring down my order of Rainbow Brite from a vendor that could not be there. I have been spinning this RB for a couple of years now to give the skeins to my daughter so she can make something for her daughter (Anna - 14). It will then be a multi-generational gift...hopefully to be treasured. There were probably 50 people there. The food was amazing...Thai Coconut Soup with Spiced walnuts, Borscht, Tabbouli, Baby kale salad, and the usual cold cuts, cheese & pickles. But there was a whole table of desserts...oh my!

Have a glorious day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:13 pm

rainbow yarn bet its spectacular when finished. please post a picture 📷
kelly just finished a rainbow 🌈 colored mermaid PTSD rock shes going to show it too me. I am looking forward to seeing it. she is thinking of starting a business at the instigation of her son as they work so well and quickly get people out of there episode s.