Bea's Awesome Beef Patties with Mushroom Gravy

A unique and special online gallery where you can post your food photos as well as view other member's food photos, come and chat with our hosts for photo tips and advice

Moderators: Derf, Bergy, QueenBea

Bergy

Bea's Awesome Beef Patties with Mushroom Gravy

Post by Bergy » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:50 pm

This is comfort food at it's best. I used brown . mushrooms (they were on sale) and Panko crumbs instead of the flour. The patties had a lovely flavour and texture.
This is the third time I have made this recipe. Fresh veggies are very expensive right now so I sometimes resort to using frozen.

QueenBea's Awesome Beef Patties with Mushroom Gravy

Luvcookn

Re: Bea's Awesome Beef Patties with Mushroom Gravy

Post by Luvcookn » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:51 pm

Oh Bergy...looks so wonderfully delicious! :-) Total YUM!

Fresh veggies here too are so very expensive...that I have been buying frozen too. Last 3 times I have been shopping...there has been no shoppers in the produce dept at all. Yikes.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:11 pm

Great photo and a recipe that is a repeatable. That was one of dh's favourite comfort foods too Bea. I have to wonder if we will see much change in the way of prices in our imports any time soon. Back when I had a large country garden and a walk in cooler we had homegrown potatoes and carrots pretty well year around and they tasted like potatoes and carrots should! Lovely heads of cabbage well into the winter for coleslaw, beets, turnips, parsnips and such. These years in town basically have from summer to Christmas and always fresh vegetables. I too just picked up frozen vegetables and said to family - I got spoiled using fresh produce. Now I have to learn to cook the frozen veggies so they aren't limp or soggy! I am hearing steam or mico wave with a touch of water. Looks like you got your veggies just right Bergy!

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:28 pm

You have made that look fantastic Bergy, Thx so much. I am so happy you are enjoying one of our favourites.

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:32 pm

Luvcookn wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:51 pm
Oh Bergy...looks so wonderfully delicious! :-) Total YUM!

Fresh veggies here too are so very expensive...that I have been buying frozen too. Last 3 times I have been shopping...there has been no shoppers in the produce dept at all. Yikes.

Gerry wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:11 pm
Great photo and a recipe that is a repeatable. That was one of dh's favourite comfort foods too Bea. I have to wonder if we will see much change in the way of prices in our imports any time soon. Back when I had a large country garden and a walk in cooler we had homegrown potatoes and carrots pretty well year around and they tasted like potatoes and carrots should! Lovely heads of cabbage well into the winter for coleslaw, beets, turnips, parsnips and such. These years in town basically have from summer to Christmas and always fresh vegetables. I too just picked up frozen vegetables and said to family - I got spoiled using fresh produce. Now I have to learn to cook the frozen veggies so they aren't limp or soggy! I am hearing steam or mico wave with a touch of water. Looks like you got your veggies just right Bergy!
Yes so very true and sad... I remember as a child getting all the fresh veggies ready for the winter with my Mom. I still try to get as much as i can stored away but I still end up buying the overpriced winter veggies.....

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:25 pm

Looks very appetizing Bergy!

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:30 am

Thnks lovcookn, Gerry, Bea & Lee.

I just steam the frozen mixed Veggies (Beans, corn, carrtos & peas) for about 7 minutes. They really aren't too bad and do save some money. I get a bag for $1.98
on sale and that gives me about 6-8 servings.